Manlets and 1911

2pointslow

It's really about individual taste and what you feel comfortable with.

Try it and find out?

I have no issues carrying my FiveSeven around in a crossbreed supertuck.

It's a very large gun, but a fraction of the weight of a 1911.

Edited by Jones

I have been eyeing the 1911 for some time, however I am unsure about carrying such a large gun. What have some of my fellow manlets experienced with carrying the 1911. What should I look for and whats the best fit?

I'm not sure I quality for manlet, I'm pretty average-sized. Carrying a heavy-ass 1911 isn't bad compared to having so few rounds in the gun in my opinion. Not the best carry pistol, especially for concealed.

I've carried the 3 inch officers grip, and the 4 inch commander, but not a government model. I did not find the commander uncomfortable, and with the right setup I don't think a full-size would be too uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been eyeing the 1911 for some time, however I am unsure about carrying such a large gun. What have some of my fellow manlets experienced with carrying the 1911. What should I look for and whats the best fit?

I carry a 5" Kimber and it's not an issue, because 1911s are so thin mostly. A double stack weapon of that size would be pushing it but... the only thing I'd change is that I wouldn't have gotten the rail. I have a light for nighttime home defense, but realistically there's no way you're going to unholster your carry piece at night, put a light on it, and take it off again every morning. So my light is now on my AR that sits next to my bed and the pistol is permanently in its holster, meaning the rail isn't needed, and it actually adds a non-trivial amount of weight to gun I don't need.

So I'd say a 4" or 5" gun without a rail and you're good to go. Steel or aluminum frame will work, aluminum is obviously lighter but there are trade offs. My guns is steel frame, for my only pistol I'd choose steel again.

I carry an M&P 45 everyday IWB and I won't say its not big because if its not in just the right spot it can be uncomfortable at times. When its where I want it I pretty much forget its even on me. I'd think a 1911 would be a little worse.