Garage Opener

Rocky31186

Figured I would help anyone out looking for a new garage door opener.

I had a Genie Direct drive opener. Original to the house (94-95) Has made a lot of noise since we moved in. I keep having a feeling its going to take a shit soon. So I did some research and bought a new opener.

I ended up getting a chamberlain belt driven garage door opener. Install was cake (time consuming) but easy. I did it by myself in 3 hours. Luckily I was able to reuse the old wiring since I have a finished garage. The belt driven opener is SOOOO quiet.. I need to lube the rollers still.

If you give the old one to somebody else to use, tell them to spray the screw in the rail with a little wd40, and it will almost be as quiet as the new one. Both of those are good opener brands, but the chamberlain belt drives are super quiet

x2. I got a belt drive and love it, faster than the chain ones and quieter. Well at least faster than the genie chain drive we have on the other door.

If you give the old one to somebody else to use, tell them to spray the screw in the rail with a little wd40, and it will almost be as quiet as the new one. Both of those are good opener brands, but the chamberlain belt drives are super quiet

Thanks. But since I'm a mechanic I looked into fixing it before dumping money on a new opener. I "lubed the shaft". The noise was coming from inside the motor. The gears were actually wore out. Nothing lube can fix.

I am very pleased with the new belt drive thought.

I'm looking at the Liftmaster jackshaft since I need to bring the door closer to the ceiling so the door can clear the Z06 on the lift. One of these days I will have to pull the trigger. Does anyone have a jackshaft door opener ? If so, how do you like it ?

I'm looking at the Liftmaster jackshaft since I need to bring the door closer to the ceiling so the door can clear the Z06 on the lift. One of these days I will have to pull the trigger. Does anyone have a jackshaft door opener ? If so, how do you like it ?

do you know someone to do the high lift conversion for your door? I have been searching for someone to do mine and install a jack motor so I can do the same thing with my 4 post lift

The pathetic part of my garage is that the lift will be about 4-5 inches. A friend of mine who flips houses suggested Miller Door Sales. Listmaster jackshaft is shown in their website. I have not contacted them, maybe one of these days.

I have installed quite a few of the liftmaster residential jackshaft operators. They have a DC powered motor, so the are heavy duty. They start slow, so they don't throw the cables off, but after the soft start they open and close quite fast. I like them, and in Toms case, he needs one, but most don't unless they have high lift track.