F*cking salt on the roads..

accel_is_my_drug

I went to GA to get the GT3.

In an effort to make the car as light as possible Porsche doesn't under-coat the GT3 and many idiots here in the midwest fail to realize this and still try to use the car after salt has hit the roads.

...to say the least it's been tucked away for a couple months and probably won't see road use again till late april.

I'm pretty sure that most places in the southern half of Tennessee don't have salt trucks. They rarely get snow, and when they do, they just deal with it.

Not everything around here is rusty though. My truck has been in Ohio for the past 15 years, has 236k on it, and no rust. Gotta get lucky I guess

Colorado, Wyoming etc. While it snows there, they use sand not salt. When I bought my last Scirocco, I bought it out of Colorado. It was stupid clean, which made it easy to work on.

Up in Alaska, we use gravel and sand. No salt. Salt doesn't work in extremely cold weather.

Oregon has no rust. It's nearly February here and many people are still tooling around in their muscle cars and classic cars.

Just the other day, I saw a Chevelle SS motoring down the highway in the rain.

Trucks that like to rust away (ie Silverados with their rockers, Fords with their beds, and Toyotas all over, they're rust-free here)

I bought my vette from Washington D.C. Apparently they only put sand on thier roads instead of salt. It costs more initially but their roads stay nice.

They definitely use salt in and around DC, I've lived there for 24 years and we definitely use salt.