home defense weapon opinion

V8 Beast

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desert Eagle? AR? For home defense? Really? I guess I don't live in CS:S like you do BC.

Pistol [of a caliber with managable recoil and no worries of overpenetration (TWSS)] or a 12g. Anything else is overkill unless the Taliban itself ransacks your house every night.

I can imagine having my family somewhere in the house and sending round out of an AR or .50.

Also, the BEST weapon in defense is you. Everything else is a tool. Hell, if I can I'll grab my Ka-Bar and go stealth Rambo if I can.

LOL WUT?

Get a shotty. Mossberg 590 mariner, that or saiga 12.

Let me put it into terms you'd understand.

Rounds flying down to your neighbors house 3 houses away. It's a serious issue.

Read up:

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm#OVERPENETRATION

If you ever have to use a weapon in self defense there's a good chance you will never get to see it again. I wouldn't want something I spent thousands on to end up in an evidence locker

Cheap large caliber handgun, cheap 12 gauge or beater AR all work just fine with decent ammo. Keep it simple

Guys I've already been over the over-penetration thing. Shotguns and pistols overpenetrate home construction, 5.56mm does not. Small rounds break up, heavy rounds keep going. A 9mm, buckshot, or other heavie, slower load will penetrate walls better than a 5.56 nato will which is bad.

12ga with P90x rounds.

This would work great ! 12 ga short pistol grip , heck the sound of you loading it will make people run the other way , but to tell you the truth keep a chain saw in the bedroom room

When people hear that start up ( well you have seen the movies lol) getting shot is one thing getting chopped is a beeeotch !!

http://m.sears.com/productdetails.do?partNumber=07135269000P

On sale with good reviews easy to start.