home defense weapon opinion

V8 Beast

The wife and I were just up at NASR on a date, stayed till close, man I really think the ported XD9 is so easy to shoot center, and quickly. There was no bullseye left. :) only bad thing about the port is it will hurt your night time sight. But almost no muzzle flip at all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a shotty.

^^ this. Get a nice decent reliable inexpensive Shotty with 00 Buckshot and sleep well.

I look at this way, if I fire from the upstairs/cat-walk in our house, it's going down - no care.

If I fire from ground level and miss, the houses around me don't likely that I know of have bedrooms on the first floor. Now if I accidentally kill my neighbor in his living room rubbing one out on his couch with his laptop on his coffee table at 3am as I'm being robbed, I will deal with that later.

Remington 870 with #00 is all you need. Have a backup pistol with hollow points close. I don't have drywall in my house since it is old. I have cement block with chicken wire in the middle. I live in a bunker and don't have to worry about overpenatration.

No plan survives first contact. All the rock drills, glass houses, and muscle memory take a back seat when you realize that shit has hit the fan.

Not saying they don't help when you come to your senses, though.

When in doubt hand the gun to a kid. Countless hours of video games since birth have unknowingly created super soldiers.

You're doing range time wrong then.

What range do you go to that you don't stand static and shoot at static targets?

I practice on my own land, in a variety of ways, at a variety of targets both moving and static, with a variety of systems. When I go to the range guess what? Static shooting at static targets. I can't go to OVO, kick in a door, draw from the hip, and fire at every target I see. :)

No I'm not a super soldier and no I don't have all the answers but I'm a firm believer in practicing how you HOPE to perform. Run around, do pushups, get winded, then lie on your back and shoot over head at a helium filled ballon. Represents working under duress, shooting in an uncomfortable position (knocked down, possibly having to shoot another attacker approaching) and the moving balloon bobs and weaves like Ali's head.

If you shoot paper inside hanging at a set distance, you're doing range time wrong.

How do you shoot at a range? Ask them to turn off the lights, toss a live chicken out there, get it to run around, chase it down, site it in, and fire? If so I need to visit that range. LOL

How do you shoot at a range? Ask them to turn off the lights, toss a live chicken out there, get it to run around, chase it down, site it in, and fire? If so I need to visit that range. LOL

Thanks for taking my new business idea, asshole. :lolguy:

At my range the live chicken shoot is the advanced course. We'd start you out with fish in a barrel and move up.

Thanks for taking my new business idea, asshole. :lolguy:

At my range the live chicken shoot is the advanced course. We'd start you out with fish in a barrel and move up.

I'm your first member (TWSS).

Be Randy.. doing barrel rolls at the range shooting other peoples targets.

:fuckyeah:

How many acres would be safe for shooting up in the air at an angle?

Miles and miles in my opinion. Seems too risky anywhere I have ever been, unless you have an uninhabited huge ass ranch or something.

Also, you could try pretty much anywhere on the hilltop (especially on New Years).

PS:

I'd still grab a shotgun, or old boat anchor .45 before a PS90 for home defense IMO.

Above should have ended this thread.

Why do people want AR and P90 as home defense? So that bullet can scream through walls hit loved ones and exit your house?

Above should have ended this thread.

Why do people want AR and P90 as home defense? So that bullet can scream through walls hit loved ones and exit your house?

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

Build backdrop into hillside. No worries. :)

Screw the tomahawk. I have a Bear Grylls survival knife. I will decimate all...after about $25. I can over night parts from Wal*Mart.

I can understand a backdrop into a hillside if you were shooting towards it. You mentioned shooting on your back at balloons in the air. Did I misread that? I was concerned about bullets traveling for miles and miles and hurting someone accidentally.

Are you shooting on your back feet away from the backstop?

I can understand a backdrop into a hillside if you were shooting towards it. You mentioned shooting on your back at balloons in the air. Did I misread that? I was concerned about bullets traveling for miles and miles and hurting someone accidentally.

Are you shooting on your back feet away from the backstop?

The trick is laying on your back, but with your back on the ceiling so you're shooting towards the ground. If you have to ask, you're obviously not ninja enough for training at this level.

The trick is laying on your back, but with your back on the ceiling so you're shooting towards the ground. If you have to ask, you're obviously not ninja enough for training at this level.

This.

LOL. Lie on your back, shoot at balloon 3 or so feet off the ground, doesn't take a mountain for more than addequate coverage. As a matter of fact, where I do this at is where I took my CCW and level 2 training. Others on this board have gone there too I believe. PASSD. Take a class, go tehre anytime to shoot as long as you set it up with Lonnie. This was actually part of the level 2 class.

Also fam owns property where I can go down in a raving between hills plenty high for something like this. I'm not firing at 60 degrees. :)