First Car Goodbys

Harry Bird

I suppose some come from a different background as far as a "first car". It seems you got a car that you love for your first car, that car didn't come to me until my third car which is my MR2. It was the first car I bought that I REALLY liked and hence I won't get rid of it almost no matter what. If you can do it, keep it presuming it is that one car you always HAD to have.....

Although I really enjoyed the Fiero, it was an auto and I have the luxury of knowing right where it is at this time lol. I regularly see about 6 of my cars that I have had.

Kept mine, 90 v6 5 speed daytona. Turbocharged it a few years ago, now I just need time to get the rust repaired and finished one day. I like having it in my garage, but I feel like its just rotting away, but I could never get rid of it.

Owned my E46 325xi from 16-20.

It was high in the mileage (132k when sold) and it I knew at the higher mileage service items would become more frequent (window regulators, expansion tank replacement, CV joints, suspension...etc).

Made the educated decision to sell it and invest into something I'll keep much longer (as seen below). Went without a car for about 5 months until I bought this one. No regrets at all.

Damn all these "new" cars as first cars . mine was a 1974 ford ltd. showing my age a little i guess. One of the biggest cars i have ever owned. Was a great party bus. For those that have never seen one. Rear end literally fell out after "jumping " some rr tracks.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u353/My1stGT_2000/images.jpg