350 sbc rebuild question

Green Bastard

I have a 350 I'm getting ready to do a mild build on, my question is, it came out of a tow truck and its still standard bore (the only reason it was pulled was a bent valve or so he told me) anyways it has a bit of a ridge at the top of the cylinders, could I get away with useing a ridge reamer and put standard pistons in or should I just have it machined? I plan on honeing it at the very least, but if I don't have to have it machined I don't want to spend the extra money. also by mild build I plan on making 350hp - 400hp without spray or boost, plan on a 5500-6000rpm redline too.

any idea what specs i should stay in? also where can i find a gauge where i can measure that, i dont have the proper tool to measure it, so would i be able to rent the part from an auto parts store, i just wanna make sure i do it right, even though it is a budget build, i dont want to have to spend more to rebuild it later