1st gen CTS-Vs... Are they as awesome as they seem?

accel_is_my_drug

I was down for the wagon, just for the lol factor. My wife didn't see the lol in a station wagon. I've been very happy with the car. The kids love it. Ill link the vid later if anyone wants to see my 4 year old telling me to do a burnout. The automatic in these cars is pretty good

And I'd commit genocide to have one of the manual wagons. Add some long tubes while ditiching the cats, add a tiny pully, and it seems 700hp is very easily attainable. IN A WAGON!!!

You're going to need more than that for 700hp...

If you plan to DD and drag it, I would seriously get the auto over the manul.

Buzz on here has a fair amount of mods on his, mine has a catback only---im contemplating a pulley, but love the car stock, so why? The auto is great. My gto was manual, and I daily'd it. Fun, but I wanted auto so my wife could drive it comfortably if I want to have a few when we go out

The wife is still racking up the miles on her 05. We had to have the rear replaced

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/lustalbert/HPIM0376.jpg

and had IPS do the wheel hop kit at the same time. Also have had a new clutch, IIRC IPS put in a LS7 clutch package. Wife has no problems daily driving with the 3rd pedal.

I drove it from Ft Sam to Columbus straight through last January, was a plesant 22 hours, especialy in the hills :)

Complaints:

The trunk lid occasionaly closes at the most inopritune times (like when my head is under it)

Parking brake is weak