1st gen CTS-Vs... Are they as awesome as they seem?

accel_is_my_drug

I think I found a 2007 CTS-V for my next daily driver. 6.0L LS2 and 6speed with the luxury of 4 doors. Can anyone tell me anything about these? I think I can assume drive train is bulletproof, but what about the rest of the car? Any experience with them?

someone else will chime in, but that car should have the better rear end. i love the styling of these cars (obviously), and the ls2 is a good motor, allbeit, maybe overrated at 400hp by gm. i had absolutely no issues with the ls2 in my goat, and it made 375rwhp with just a tune, k&n and catback. my buddy has the ls6 version of the CTS-v and he loves it. he's owned the car since 2007 and has not had any issues that i know of--his car had the rear-end replaced prior to him buying it.

from what i hear, the 2nd gens are the way to go....but if the price is right.

I can't afford a new supercharged CTS-V, especially since I would want the wagon! They are still 60K on up for used examples,

I found an 07 CTSv for 12.5K. I'm sending a friend to check it out to see if it is too good to be true...

I can't afford a new supercharged CTS-V, especially since I would want the wagon! They are still 60K on up for used examples,

I found an 07 CTSv for 12.5K. I'm sending a friend to check it out to see if it is too good to be true...

That would qualify as "price is right". It does sound too good to be true though

do some looking on the newer ones. i bought mine used (2010 with 10k miles) for less than that, and mine is fully loaded--and i probably got an average deal, at best. told the dealer what i was looking for, and boom, made it happen. i should have bought a new one though, but oh well. they can be had for much less than $60k. some rumors are that guys have been able to get brand new ones for around $60k

If you are really in the market for one of these get a low mileage one.

Not that they are bad high mileage cars, but the price difference between high and low mileage is negligible from the research I have done.

That being said 12.5k for one is ridiculous for any mileage and probably not true.

The Gen-1's should be $17-24k depending how low of miles you want and how clean.

The only complaints I've ever heard were the rear end on the early models and the plastic interior. Otherwise, its a pretty fun car for what it is...

...for less than what exactly?

Heck, you can buy the Gen-2's ALL DAY in the $40k's and if you get a higher mileage one they are in the $30k's now with zero haggling.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=314669564&dealer_id=342884&car_year=2009&model=CTS&pager.offset=50&search_lang=en&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=__Q1RTLVY%2C__&keywordsrep=067084083045086&scarid=309918140&search_type=both&distance=0&rdm=1328157006397&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&keywords_display=CTS-V&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2013&showZipError=y&engine=8+Cylinder&dma=HOUSTON_NE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&first_record=51&isFlashPlugin=true&default_sort=priceDESC&address=77304&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=59000&make=CAD&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=46&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=311988675&dealer_id=66123493&car_year=2009&model=CTS&pager.offset=100&search_lang=en&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=__Q1RTLVY%2C__&keywordsrep=067084083045086&scarid=309918140&search_type=both&distance=0&rdm=1328157006397&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&keywords_display=CTS-V&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2013&showZipError=y&engine=8+Cylinder&dma=HOUSTON_NE&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&first_record=101&isFlashPlugin=true&default_sort=priceDESC&address=77304&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=59000&make=CAD&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=1150&standard=false

...for less than what exactly?

used ones go for much less than $60k, as stated above--especially with higher mileage. i can't even remember what i ended up paying for mine, since i traded my GTO in at the same time. pretty sure they gave me around $15k for the goat, and the V was somewhere in the low to mid 50's. i wanted all the options, gray, automatic trans, 10k miles or less, etc.

If I could afford a 2nd gen CTS-V wagon, I certainly wouldn't be asking about the first gen! Unfortunately, 2nd gens are about 20K more than I want to pay.

Other than the rear end and cheapo plastic interior, I'm finding nothing wrong.

I started out wanting a 6.0L GTO, but to have the same drivetrain with 4drs is super appealing to me. (and yes G8 GXPs are too much $$$ )

Colonial Hills neighborhood.

And I'd commit genocide to have one of the manual wagons. Add some long tubes while ditiching the cats, add a tiny pully, and it seems 700hp is very easily attainable. IN A WAGON!!!

So much awesome it wouldn't all fit the back of the wagon that is producing the awesome...