Home Theater Schooling

Xyster101

lol

8ohms=8ohm:yuno:

you can mix and match whatever as long as the impedance isnt below minimum.

and Onkyo is junk...yes mad:fuuuu:

Don't mix and match home theater speaker brands. Klipsch and and Polks in the same room won't mix well is all I was saying.

To OP: If you are going to piece something together you need to find out what you want before you start.

I have an Onkyo 2 channel receiver powering two Klipsch Reference series speakers and my Onkyo runs them just fine. There are some better brands out there though and I would make the receiver more of a focus than the speakers.

I bought a set, im just waiting on my pioneer receiver to get here to try them
Well I can't wait to see how they do. What all did you order? I'm still thinking about unit you posted up for that price. If you get it up and going I really want to check it out.

Originally Posted by Radio Flyer http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

...I would make the receiver more of a focus than the speakers.

Not sure if serious.

I think he's referencing features and the quailty of sound/power for the receiver. That is key since if you don't have quality power going to the speakers, the sound will be horrible.

I think he's referencing features and the quailty of sound/power for the receiver. That is key since if you don't have quality power going to the speakers, the sound will be horrible.

Really at this point anything you spend a decent amount of money on will 'sound' good. Just don't buy a piece of crap for $100. Spending a few hundred will get you 99% of the way there, for sound quality and features. The final result of the sound is MUCH more dependent on the speakers. Spending more on speakers (all other things being equal) will usually get you 'better' sound quality at just about any price point.

Spending $1000 instead of $500 on a receiver won't really net you any gains. The quality and features that have trickled down into relatively inexpensive receivers is phenomenal. For around $500 MSRP (cheaper street price) you can get a receiver with enough clean power for a vast majority of applications, at least 7.1, more HDMI inputs than most people would ever use with a pretty decent scaling chip, pretty good autosetup (channel levels, filters and sometimes EQs) and 'bonus' features like networked audio i.e. AirPlay and/or DLNA and multiple types of streaming, . IMHO anything beyond that is usually a very scant want.

You can spend $500, $1000, $2500, $5000.... on speakers and get better SQ every day of the week.

Every speaker will sound different and every person will like a different sound. The final product is very sensitive to quality of design and materiel.

To put it in simple terms the job of an amplifier is to simply amplify the signal. If possible it should not distort in any way. Most receivers that cost more than 1 or 2 hundred dollars will be able to do this to sound levels beyond what most people will ever want.