Obama Ssn ?Donno if true and I don't follow the news at all

NTHER91

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are on the subject of DERP

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/02/florida_primary_republican_voters_explain_what_will_happen_if_obama_wins_again_.html

And I told that teaching lady the only 3 letter I need to know are U, S, and A. You talk negative about your president you support terrorist. Why do you hate America? :dumb:

+2 for Al Jazeera English I have that bookmarked

At least one guy had it figured out:

I think if Obama’s re-elected, whatever happens, it’ll be the same if Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney is elected. It’s all the same shit. They’re all answering to the same people.

Obviously the tone of your responses just shows how you choose to mock someone rather than discuss something intellegently.

Generally I agree with the above statement, however you hardly hold yourself to the same standard in this very thread, and in a similarly toned thread you resorted to the following.

I'm quite sure of one thing, you have no grasp on reality. I'm not going to respond to your foolishness anymore.

You fail at logic and do not have a grasp of how the world currently works (I say currently because this system will fail). Thats why you show your ignorance when you say that snopes, ancestry.com, and the Social Security Dept are credible sources. [/QUOte]

1. People on this board have no understanding of our financial system, fiat currency, or basic economics.

2. Those people also do not own homes

3. Those people do not work, pay taxes, or have benefits

4. Those poeple do not realize that establishment candidates have reversed in a few decades, over 800 years of struggle in this country to create our constitution/bill of righ

I believe that what Obama did by signing the NDAA into law is treason. Anyone who votes for him does not deserve to be an American because they have no belief in the Constitution and have no respect for our country or the ones who died creating it.

There's a lot that you don't see living in your parents basement, washing a Corvette or Audi that your daddy bought you.

These are not examples of intelligent discourse. It's easy to call someone a fool should they disagree with you, or insult someone's position in life, rich or poor, as if you know. It's more difficult to really listen and ask the questions that make them use the critical part of their own brain to find an answer whether in your favor or not.

Now there have been several versions of Obama's birth certificate bandied around the web, some trumpeted from the highest point of many fringe independent news sources. Knowing that several of the supposed BCs have been unequivocally ousted as fakes(most notably the one that said "Republic of Kenya", which conveniently didn't exist yet), doesn't create enough doubt to question the validity of the entire movement? "Oh, that was fake, but believe us ... THIS ONE IS REEEEEAL".

FTFY.

You get your news from sensationalist "independent news sources" who use circuitous logic to prove their point. Yes, the media controls a lot of what we do and don't see but you know why they're good at what they do? People are willing to talk to them and give them a wide variety of information. When a fringe nut that you read comes along trying to pry out some fodder for their insane blog, no one wants to give them anything so they have to make it up. And that's what they do. That's how we get crazy shit like these SSN and birth certificate stories. I don't trust everything I read, but I do look for alternate viewpoints on everything.

You go on and on about who's controlling the media but the lack of accountability in your "independent news sources" is frightening. When something like this SSN thing is disproven, instead of you accepting that as fact and disregarding the sources that spread that shit, you defend them by saying its a _____ controlled conspiracy to keep the truth away from the "sheeple". Then you tell us to wake up, as if we are somehow less intelligent and learned than you.

Its your turn to wake up. Your way of life is not under attack. You have food in your mouth, a car in your driveway, and a roof over your head. People work hard to keep water running to your faucets and shit running away from your toilets. You live a comfortable life.

I've spent 4 years of my life studying politics and all I got to show for it was a piece of paper and a hatred of fringe lunatics. Stop telling other people to educate themselves and start considering that there are other explanations to the way of things in this universe. Narrow-mindedness and fanaticism are the cause of this country's problems, not an imaginary elite whose sole goal is to shit on your Christmas.

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it.

EDIT: And as for a good news source, try Al Jazeera English. They rarely censor anything, and include extensive articles on stuff like the fracking in Ohio on their front page

You can rant and rave all you want, act like an internet badass, and attack people personally - but it does not help the argument. I haven't met many people who've studied politics discuss something in this way; in the end it seems like your just frustrated because you cannot accept that there are other factual sources out there. The only thing we can agree on is that the mainstream media is bullshit - but people stop there and don't care to look at what or who is behind the bullshit.

You talk about accountability - what establishes accountability? You don't think that there is a special interest when a media conglomerate is owned by a much larger financial entity?

Nowhere in this thread have I used the word "sheeple"... I did however say that some people need to wake up to the fact that we need to be careful on the financial status of our country, not paying attention to important legislation that attacks our freedoms, and that we don't have to fight needless wars. I haven't attacked anyone's ideas in this thread, I've merely been stating my own to try and share information. I thought that this was a forum where people could occasionally talk politics without acting like this, but I was wrong. I just don't get it, why attack the person? If you guys knew me personally, you wouldn't be acting like this.

These are not examples of intelligent discourse. It's easy to call someone a fool should they disagree with you, or insult someone's position in life, rich or poor, as if you know. It's more difficult to really listen and ask the questions that make them use the critical part of their own brain to find an answer whether in your favor or not.

I threw that out there because I was getting PMs and bullshit from people that have close to zero education or life experience - that I know. Thats from a different thread where things werent being discussed intelligently. I made that assumption based on people wanting to fork over their "hard earned" money to a bunch of crooks.

I cant understand why people focus on the president when "the people" caused most of the problems we have as it is.

But what do I know. I am just a broke guy living in my parents basement driving a corvette that I dont have to pay taxes on.

I cant understand why people focus on the president when "the people" caused most of the problems we have as it is.

But what do I know. I am just a broke guy living in my parents basement driving a corvette that I dont have to pay taxes on.

You wouldn't take offense to that statement... unless it were true?

The people did not cause most of problems we have as it is. The president and congress contributed to the problems by not doing their job

BTW this has been great because I'm sitting through this OSHA refresher course and it's almost done...

An article on infowars:

http://www.infowars.com/the-real-economic-picture/

Author of article:

This Paul Craig Roberts article first appeared at his website Institute For Political Economy. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He is the author of several books including The Tyranny of Good Intentions and How the Economy Was Lost.

Hardly sounds like a sourceless, lunatic blogger to me... and this is just one.

You wouldn't take offense to that statement... unless it were true?

The people did not cause most of problems we have as it is. The president and congress contributed to the problems by not doing their job

If you don't think the economic decline of this country is partly due to the inability of a large portion of our population not taking responsibility for there own actions. I will have to kindly disagree with you.

As for taking offense to that statement. Not at all. I wish I had a daddy who bought me a corvette.

If you don't think the economic decline of this country is partly due to the inability of a large portion of our population not taking responsibility for there own actions. I will have to kindly disagree with you.

As for taking offense to that statement. Not at all. I wish I had a daddy who bought me a corvette.

I agree with this somewhat, but that's like blaming the drug user and not the drug dealer. It all started with the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act, thanks to the bank lobbyists and corrupt politicians.

"Proponents argue that repealing this provision had little impact on the financial system and even helped restore stability during the financial crisis. Ten years later, detractors condemned the partial repeal for reestablishing conflict of interest within the financial industry and fostering "too big to fail" institutions that led to the housing market collapse and its associated financial crisis"

Maybe those detractors were called crazy conspiracy theorists.

You can rant and rave all you want, act like an internet badass, and attack people personally - but it does not help the argument. I haven't met many people who've studied politics discuss something in this way; in the end it seems like your just frustrated because you cannot accept that there are other factual sources out there. The only thing we can agree on is that the mainstream media is bullshit - but people stop there and don't care to look at what or who is behind the bullshit.

You talk about accountability - what establishes accountability? You don't think that there is a special interest when a media conglomerate is owned by a much larger financial entity?

Nowhere in this thread have I used the word "sheeple"... I did however say that some people need to wake up to the fact that we need to be careful on the financial status of our country, not paying attention to important legislation that attacks our freedoms, and that we don't have to fight needless wars. I haven't attacked anyone's ideas in this thread, I've merely been stating my own to try and share information. I thought that this was a forum where people could occasionally talk politics without acting like this, but I was wrong. I just don't get it, why attack the person? If you guys knew me personally, you wouldn't be acting like this.

I'm not frustrated about factual sources. That infowars thing you posted? The only factual thing shown is a scan of a legal document issued by Judge Michael Malihi. Now, should I just take that at face value because I need to wake up and realize that our freedoms are under attack from someone who may not be eligible to be president? Or, as you have repeatedly done with the mainstream media, should I be skeptical and look for another angle. Such as, "Who is this otherwise unknown guy Michael Malihi and what might he stand to gain that would skew his performance of his duties as judge?" Or possibly, "Why would a judge make the extreme requirements outlined in this document, and subsequently say the POTUS has no reasonable excuse as to why he cannot attend this frivolous litigation hearing?" I choose to question and hold on to my final judgement until there is more information.

Do not hunt for a reliable news source. Read all the news sources and find your own truth in it. Read CNN, BBC, the Economist (incredible), Al-Jazeera (also incredible), Fox News, the London Times, the Dispatch and anything else you can. Maybe the fact that you don't see this story in the "mainstream media" is not that they are trying to keep it under wraps; maybe its because there's no story there and the average American doesn't want to hear the rantings and ravings of a radical judge. Or maybe its not.

There are many truths and we all choose the ones that make our lives the easiest, and now that many people's lives are becoming more difficult we find it hard to admit that it is what we believe in that brought us here.

I don't mean to attack you personally, I know I can get pretty voracious on political stuff. Do not take it as a personal attack. Your last post, however, did take a personal attack on me, so you know....hi Pot, I'm Kettle.

I'm not frustrated about factual sources. That infowars thing you posted? The only factual thing shown is a scan of a legal document issued by Judge Michael Malihi. Now, should I just take that at face value because I need to wake up and realize that our freedoms are under attack from someone who may not be eligible to be president? Or, as you have repeatedly done with the mainstream media, should I be skeptical and look for another angle. Such as, "Who is this otherwise unknown guy Michael Malihi and what might he stand to gain that would skew his performance of his duties as judge?" Or possibly, "Why would a judge make the extreme requirements outlined in this document, and subsequently say the POTUS has no reasonable excuse as to why he cannot attend this frivolous litigation hearing?" I choose to question and hold on to my final judgement until there is more information.

I posted this to show that Obama could be taken off the ballot because he fails to meet the requirements to run for president - I don't see this as a conspiracy. If the birth certificate was real and this was all a crazy conspiracy, then why is there so much reasonable doubt that he is a natural born citizen? Why not put it to rest?

I don't want to believe this shit but I'm tired of being lied to every 4 years. Like others before, he's lied to and sold out the American people.

BTW this has been great because I'm sitting through this OSHA refresher course and it's almost done...

An article on infowars:

http://www.infowars.com/the-real-economic-picture/

Author of article:

This Paul Craig Roberts article first appeared at his website Institute For Political Economy. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He is the author of several books including The Tyranny of Good Intentions and How the Economy Was Lost.

Hardly sounds like a sourceless, lunatic blogger to me... and this is just one.

You, again, are searching for the confirmation of your beliefs rather than the dissenting view.

To quote Paul Craig Roberts:

"Consider, who do you trust with your civil liberties, the US Department of Justice or the ACLU's phalanx of Jewish attorneys?"

Sounds at least a little looney to me. I do find solidarity with many of the main ideas he believes, but he is just way too radical in every way, on all parts of the political spectrum.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm not disagreeing with your or Roberts' views, I'm just saying that there are many other views on the subjects and the truth probably lies somewhere closer to the realm of centrism rather than radicalism.

I got a copy of my Ohio birth certificate at the Dept. of public health yesterday. No waiting, no ID, no security, no nothing. If anyone honestly believes that creating/forging an identity even in this age of computer records and electronics is hard, wake up.

I posted this to show that Obama could be taken off the ballot because he fails to meet the requirements to run for president - I don't see this as a conspiracy. If the birth certificate was real and this was all a crazy conspiracy, then why is there so much reasonable doubt that he is a natural born citizen? Why not put it to rest?

I don't want to believe this shit but I'm tired of being lied to every 4 years. Like others before, he's lied to and sold out the American people.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

I hope that, in all its delightful, well sourced glory, will put your uneasy mind to rest. I like it because it cites critics claims (alternate viewpoints!!!!) and then cites sources to try and counter those claims. No one would fault you for trying to find sources to disprove the things written in this article, and in fact I encourage it so that you may find a truth that works for you.

I threw that out there because I was getting PMs and bullshit from people that have close to zero education or life experience - that I know. Thats from a different thread where things werent being discussed intelligently. I made that assumption based on people wanting to fork over their "hard earned" money to a bunch of crooks.

you know what the say about people that assume.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

I hope that, in all its delightful, well sourced glory, will put your uneasy mind to rest. I like it because it cites critics claims (alternate viewpoints!!!!) and then cites sources to try and counter those claims. No one would fault you for trying to find sources to disprove the things written in this article, and in fact I encourage it so that you may find a truth that works for you.

Mistake me if I'm wrong but they don't mention the discrepancies in the font or even debunk the technological or digital investigation of the scanned image. Those were the biggest things that raised my suspicion: they could actually compare the fonts to tell it was doctored, then actually showed that the image was layered...

Mistake me if I'm wrong but they don't mention the discrepancies in the font or even debunk the technological or digital investigation of the scanned image. Those were the biggest things that raised my suspicion: they could actually compare the fonts to tell it was doctored, then actually showed that the image was layered...

links?