I change my oil once per year....

Sully

I use Amsoil Signature 100% Synthetic along with the Amsoil extended interval filter. They recommend 1 yr/25,000 mile change intervals for normal service and 1 yr/15,000 mile change intervals for extreme service in cars that are all of the following: unmodified, in good condition, gasoline motor.

My last change in the Buick was at 1 year/22,000 miles. I guess I'm not taking very good care of my car. :confused:

Now you know!

What I'm not reading in here is the amount of oil the car holds. 8 quarts is a lot for an inline six. And when you're making you comparisons, understand most cars are maybe 5 quarts. The break down on the 8 quarts is going to take longer. I change the oil in my E46 based on my driving. If I worked the car hard, I changed the oil. I think we can all agree that's what we do, or know we should.

Average BWM owner putting around Dublin keeping up with the Jone's, no care when the oil needs changed.