Turbo build

OneSlow04GEETEE

Bored on a Thursday night, so I decided to make a build thread. Recently sold my V1 kit and started ordering parts for my turbo build. Heres what I will be putting on in the next coming weeks/months:

AJE K member

Turbonetics T-series 76mm/.96 A.R turbo

CG Fabrications forward facing turbo headers

Rest of my hotside piping will be made from the guys at Big 3 Racing.

Cheapo CXRacing 31x12x4" FMIC. May upgrade to a Treadstone in the future

80lb EV1 Trickflow injectors

Turbosmart 50mm Race Port BOV

Turbosmart Comp-gate 40mm WG

MHS Stage 2 turbo cams

MHS Stage 3 valvesprings

Pump gas will be around 12-14psi and race gas tune will be 20psi. Hoping to see 520-550whp on pump, and 600whp on race

E85=more hp... I run it with 80lb injectors. With E85 you dont have to worry about how much boost you running..

Do you have ported heads. The heads I've been running the past 3 years are available right now. I'm building a new engine and using my "stock" heads again.

E85=more hp... I run it with 80lb injectors. With E85 you dont have to worry about how much boost you running..

Do you have ported heads. The heads I've been running the past 3 years are available right now. I'm building a new engine and using my "stock" heads again.

Yeah I know all of that. Just don't have enough funds this year to convert. Maybe next year ;)

Nope, still running stock heads, but with the turbo cams mentioned.

Your car should roll out man! Will the motor still be a 2v? We have a guy down here that custom made a turbo kit for his new edge GT and it rolls out pretty good, stock bottom end as well!

Thanks dude! Yes, it will still be a 2v, stock heads, turbo cams, built bottom end, etc.

Thanks dude! Yes, it will still be a 2v, stock heads, turbo cams, built bottom end, etc.

Yeah I think his is making mid 400s through an auto on the stock bottom end. He hasn't taken it to the track yet but my guess is it's a solid low 11s @ low 120s car. It's a very well put together car that's for sure, and it's nice to see another 2v out there. They can be quick you just have to know what you're doing.

Yeah I think his is making mid 400s through an auto on the stock bottom end. He hasn't taken it to the track yet but my guess is it's a solid low 11s @ low 120s car. It's a very well put together car that's for sure, and it's nice to see another 2v out there. They can be quick you just have to know what you're doing.

Yeah if he has the right stickies for it, its definitely 11's at that speed. I ran a 12.35 at 116 with my Vortech on, and that was 418rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I'm hoping for 130ish traps with this setup.

Yeah if he has the right stickies for it, its definitely 11's at that speed. I ran a 12.35 at 116 with my Vortech on, and that was 418rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I'm hoping for 130ish traps with this setup.

Yeah that'd be one sick 2v, anything 130s is impressive really no matter what car lol.

Funny part is, that is the reason I don't run E85. Too inconsistent in Octane from tank to tank.

Is it really? I haven't looked into meth or E85 much at all. I just know those are about my only two options to run high boost other than race gas. For now I will just be on pump gas because people are saying my whp numbers for pump are conservative. If that's the case, on race gas I will definitely not have enough fuel support from my pumps so I'd have to switch to return style.