Recommend me a coffee maker v. Drip 10-12 cup

Ramsey

Buy BUNN. If ever have a issue I can fix it for dirt. Also most of the time BUNN has factory refers "a10" (model type) on their website. A10' have been a staple for many yrs (less my moms is older than me

This.

I have been eyeing one of the ones with no hot plate and a thermal carafe for a while. They are great if you like to have a few cups over a long period and not just guzzle it down so it doesn't get burned on the hot plate.

I keep saying I'm going to quit drinking coffee, so I always talk myself out of it.

:fa:

Buy BUNN. If ever have a issue I can fix it for dirt. Also most of the time BUNN has factory refers "a10" (model type) on their website. A10' have been a staple for many yrs (less my moms is older than me

Im really eyeballing these 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Velocity-10-Cup-Coffee-Brewer-Black/dp/B000FFQ4TG/ref=zg_bs_289745_6

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-1200MR-Programmable-Coffeemaker-Metallic/dp/B004JMZGLI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I20JS9OULBPGO2&colid=3T1EFZWLUVYAP

French Press

/thread.

True, but so much effort compared to a drip. You should really grind your own beans too, making it a bit more expensive.

http://i.iflip.im/t/first-world-problems.jpg

I do use a stainless steel press for camping though. Where I camp there's no electricity.

True, but so much effort compared to a drip. You should really grind your own beans too, making it a bit more expensive.

http://i.iflip.im/t/first-world-problems.jpg

I do use a stainless steel press for camping though. Where I camp there's no electricity.

If adding hot water and coffee grinds to a cup is too difficult for you, you're lazy as shit.... just sayin'

If adding hot water and coffee grinds to a cup is too difficult for you, you're lazy as shit.... just sayin'

what about the grit? is cleaning the bitch everyone says it is?

i guess you need:

the press, grinder, kettle, timer, and thermometer?

what about the grit? is cleaning the bitch everyone says it is?

i guess you need:

the press, grinder, kettle, timer, and thermometer?

Cleaning might not be as easy as lifting a paper filter out of a basket, but it's no harder than rinsing out a glass. You just have to keep in mind that the grinds obviously can't go down the drain. We wash these by hand at my coffee shop and it takes no time at all.

After use, fill with hot water and pour the remaining loose grinds through a strainer, or a paper filter for ease of throwing away and then wash with dish soap and done.

If you want to get fancy and use your own grind coarseness to suite your taste, you're able to. However, just about any coffee you buy off shelf will work as well. As long as it's not a super fine grind, it will work just fine.

So really, all you need is:

Press, Coffee of choice, Drinking cup, Timer(optional).

You might need a thermometer the first time you make it to figure out how long it takes to microwave water to ~190 degrees, however, once you do it the first time you should know exactly how long it takes any time after that. As long as you keep the variables constant, there's no guessing game.

Toss cup of water in microwave, heat it up to 190 degrees, put coffee in press, pour hot water over coffee, set plunger over top and wait 3-4 minutes or to taste before you plunge, plunge, done.

Mind you, you're going to get MUCH better tasting coffee out of a French Press than any drip machine, even if you're not using a special grind.

I'll be glad to show you the ropes at work and let you taste the difference if you have a minute to stop in. Nordstrom Ebar on the first floor. Shoot me a PM and I can give you my number if you don't still have it and I'll let you know when I'm there.

Cleaning might not be as easy as lifting a paper filter out of a basket, but it's no harder than rinsing out a glass. You just have to keep in mind that the grinds obviously can't go down the drain. We wash these by hand at my coffee shop and it takes no time at all.

After use, fill with hot water and pour the remaining loose grinds through a strainer, or a paper filter for ease of throwing away and then wash with dish soap and done.

If you want to get fancy and use your own grind coarseness to suite your taste, you're able to. However, just about any coffee you buy off shelf will work as well. As long as it's not a super fine grind, it will work just fine.

So really, all you need is:

Press, Coffee of choice, Drinking cup, Timer(optional).

You might need a thermometer the first time you make it to figure out how long it takes to microwave water to ~190 degrees, however, once you do it the first time you should know exactly how long it takes any time after that. As long as you keep the variables constant, there's no guessing game.

Toss cup of water in microwave, heat it up to 190 degrees, put coffee in press, pour hot water over coffee, set plunger over top and wait 3-4 minutes or to taste before you plunge, plunge, done.

Mind you, you're going to get MUCH better tasting coffee out of a French Press than any drip machine, even if you're not using a special grind.

I'll be glad to show you the ropes at work and let you taste the difference if you have a minute to stop in. Nordstrom Ebar on the first floor. Shoot me a PM and I can give you my number if you don't still have it and I'll let you know when I'm there.

Yeah, I have pretty much given up the thoughts on a drip machine for now. Im looking into a moka espresso brewer. i will probably do both, since neither are very expensive.

Thanks, for the insight.

just made my second brew(1st is tossed) with the moka. not a bad cup. Hoping it gets better tho. It is supposed get a lot better after the first few brews. Probably going to go get a french as well.

Now i need recommendations on beans.