Workout Supplements

Hahn

I 6' 220lbs and want to get to about 200lbs maybe as low as 190ish. I workout 3 days a week but might be bumping up the gym time. My question is, what supplements should i be taking? Right now i take Protein after workouts, a Fish oil and a multi vitamin. I dont want to get ridiculous and be taking 20 diff supplements but i want to know what is a must have to attain the goals. Pre workout, creatine, etc? Thanks fellas.

-Hahn.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're just trying to drop some fat while staying fit it sounds like you're already on the right track, just reduce your caloric intake and keep up the excercise. I see no need for supplements for simple weight loss.

I forgot to mention that im also trying to watch what i eat. Not necesarily dieting, just eating healthier. But i want to drop weight and get lean again, not just skinny. So muscle building is needed along with the weight loss. And yes i know muscle weighs more than fat, but 220lbs of muscle is alot more time in the gym than im commited to.

Squat/deadlift/olympic lift big.. eat big. Eat real food, not processed. Get your macro nutrients down first, then the micro will fall into place. The 3 supplements you are taking are perfect, how much fish oil a day? And it's not just fish oil is it, should be omega 3's

and muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. 1 lb = 1 lb. muscle is just more dense

So whats everyones oppinions on a pre workout and creatine? I have tried a couple diff pre workouts and felt nothing with them like others say they feel. Im told Jack3d is suposed to be good stuff. Is it worth it. And what about creatine. I know nothing about creatine, is it a must have?

Correct me if i am wrong...but if you are trying to drop weight...those are not the right supps. Creatine adds mass and your trying to lose it. I could stand corrected, but all i use is Juven and nothing more. All that does is soft tissue repair and thats all i care about as weight will start to fall off after use (creatine and other lifting supps). Pointless to me and my body type (which i had to come to terms with as I will never be large so lean, strong and fast is good enough). Some are just naturally bigger than others making addition/loss more difficult. Per a couple others...you are alreay doing the right things and nothing you take will shed it faster than just eating right, eating less and keeping up with exercise.

Here is what I take. I am doing the same thing that you are. I am on a pretty hard core diet as well. Over the years I have experimented with a lot of supps and I am really diggin the Muscle Pharm stuff right now.

Opti Men - Multi

Now- Fish oil 2000mg a day

Muscle Pharm Combat Powder - Protein powder

Muscle Pharm Assault - Pre workout as well as 2.5g of Con Crete Creatine

Muscle Pharm Creatine - I add another 2.5 grams in my post wo protein shake. This gives me a total of 5g a day

Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix - This is their fat loss system

Xtend - BCAA's

I am on some other stuff as well but here are the main things that I am really liking.

Here are my other supps

Carbo Gain - My post w/o carbs

L-Carnitine 2g per day

Glutamine 4g in addition to whats in my BCAA's

Muscle Pharm Zmax - basicly a sleeping pill that promotes recovery

Muscle Pharm CLA- Basicly just as acid that help break down the nutrients in your food

Now Green tea extract - 400mg a day

The only reason I am so supp crazy right now is because I am on a 12 week program and I am trying to get the most out of it. Once I am done with this program then I will cut everything except for my multi, fish oil and protein.

Correct me if i am wrong...but if you are trying to drop weight...those are not the right supps. Creatine adds mass and your trying to lose it. I could stand corrected, but all i use is Juven and nothing more. All that does is soft tissue repair and thats all i care about as weight will start to fall off after use (creatine and other lifting supps). Pointless to me and my body type (which i had to come to terms with as I will never be large so lean, strong and fast is good enough). Some are just naturally bigger than others making addition/loss more difficult. Per a couple others...you are alreay doing the right things and nothing you take will shed it faster than just eating right, eating less and keeping up with exercise.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

Not necesarily true.

Yes creatine adds some water weight but it does not add mass in itself. Creatine allows your muscles to retain water. There is a little more to it than that but that is the quick explanation

So whats everyones oppinions on a pre workout and creatine? I have tried a couple diff pre workouts and felt nothing with them like others say they feel. Im told Jack3d is suposed to be good stuff. Is it worth it. And what about creatine. I know nothing about creatine, is it a must have?

I've been taking C4 that stuff is a great pre, after workout I take Muscletech's Anabolic Halo which has creatine and everything else you would want in a post workout supplement. I like both but I must admit they are pretty pricey.

I've been taking C4 that stuff is a great pre, after workout I take Muscletech's Anabolic Halo which has creatine and everything else you would want in a post workout supplement. I like both but I must admit they are pretty pricey.

+1 on the c4. I still have a half tub left. This stuff works really good also. I stopped taking it to try the MP Assault.

Musclepharm stuff is at the top of the price category. I took celltech last year and all it did was make me bloated and sick to my stomach. Does the Halo do that to you?

Here is what I take. I am doing the same thing that you are. I am on a pretty hard core diet as well. Over the years I have experimented with a lot of supps and I am really diggin the Muscle Pharm stuff right now.

Opti Men - Multi

Now- Fish oil 2000mg a day

Muscle Pharm Combat Powder - Protein powder

Muscle Pharm Assault - Pre workout as well as 2.5g of Con Crete Creatine

Muscle Pharm Creatine - I add another 2.5 grams in my post wo protein shake. This gives me a total of 5g a day

Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix - This is their fat loss system

Xtend - BCAA's

I am on some other stuff as well but here are the main things that I am really liking.

Here are my other supps

Carbo Gain - My post w/o carbs

L-Carnitine 2g per day

Glutamine 4g in addition to whats in my BCAA's

Muscle Pharm Zmax - basicly a sleeping pill that promotes recovery

Muscle Pharm CLA- Basicly just as acid that help break down the nutrients in your food

Now Green tea extract - 400mg a day

The only reason I am so supp crazy right now is because I am on a 12 week program and I am trying to get the most out of it. Once I am done with this program then I will cut everything except for my multi, fish oil and protein.

sheesh How's your liver? Between the Pre-and the Shred your caffeine intake and everything else your livers got to be working triple time.

+1 on the c4. I still have a half tub left. This stuff works really good also. I stopped taking it to try the MP Assault.

Musclepharm stuff is at the top of the price category. I took celltech last year and all it did was make me bloated and sick to my stomach. Does the Halo do that to you?

Halo hasn't bloated me and I'd say its definitely helped recovery. Its on sale for $35 right now at GNC if you feel like trying it.

Start out with 500mg test from week 1-12. Front load it with 25-50mg dbol from wk1-4 if ya wanna speed up a bulk. Finish off with some clomid/nova for 4 wks and your golden.

wait I mean eat healthy and take a multi.

Your current stack sounds fine for someone who is cutting down. A lot of supplements are a waste of money, but I do believe in protein powder (Helps hit macros), creatine, and occasionally a pre-workout supp if I feel drained.

Speaking of which, if you're set on looking for supplements to help cut down, I've noticed that White Flood seems to act as a thermogenic, so when training in a fasted state, it seems to burn off a few tenths of an lb. during the course of my workouts.

sheesh How's your liver? Between the Pre-and the Shred your caffeine intake and everything else your livers got to be working triple time.

Good so far. I started week 5 of my 12 week cycle on Saturday. Assault isnt caffeine based so much. The Shred is the only thing with a lot of caffeine in it. They are stackable and is one of the reasons I stopped the C4 when I did.

Start out with 500mg test from week 1-12. Front load it with 25-50mg dbol from wk1-4 if ya wanna speed up a bulk. Finish off with some clomid/nova for 4 wks and your golden.

wait I mean eat healthy and take a multi.

Old school

Lol gotta fight them bitch tits

No shit. I was scared to death of getting bitch tits when I was on test boosters. Instead my wife got pregnant. I did feel like I could lift the roof off the gym every time I worked out though. Shit was awesome. I was dissapointed when I stopped taking it and I could not go as heavy.

Lol bitch tits. If you got your shit dialed in and know what your doing you'll never get them. It's only the retards who get on the sauce not knowing shit then don't take any anti estros, pct etc that leads to them getting gyno and losing their gains. OP, just lower your calorie intake and lift heavy. The weight will drop off. No need to take a bunch of gimmick no help products that gnc or other places push. You are just shitting money down the toilet. Literally.