Looking for commercial plumber and electrician

wnaplay1647545503

Looking for recommendations.

You need to be registered in Reynoldsburg or add the cost to register to your fee, not that expensive. The job will be 6-8hrs worth of work maybe less if you move quickly. You will need to pull a permit through Reynoldsburg which is I believe $75 again add this to your fee. Looking to get started possibly next week. I can even pay for all materials if you do not want to be out the money, hell I will even get the materials if you want. Both jobs are super easy but you need to be able to pull a permit. If you want $5k per hr on labor, no thanks. If you want to bill out at a fair price, thats fine but be realistic.

If people know someone please, please, please let them know and send me their contact info. Thanks

Chad GTPnLS1 does commercial electric, is VERY reasonably priced, and does great work

I really had high hopes of going with Chad to have him help me with my electrical work in my garage, but after the initial visit, and a couple of texts and pm's that were not responded to, I'm still looking at having the work done. Chad is a really nice, friendly guy and at the time, he was going through a transition with work, so that's probably why our scheduling was difficult. Hopefully we can still work something out though because he's really easy to get along with.

I really had high hopes of going with Chad to have him help me with my electrical work in my garage, but after the initial visit, and a couple of texts and pm's that were not responded to, I'm still looking at having the work done. Chad is a really nice, friendly guy and at the time, he was going through a transition with work, so that's probably why our scheduling was difficult. Hopefully we can still work something out though because he's really easy to get along with.

yeah...with the pricing he gave me though, a few of the projects ive planned around when he was free. Lol

Negative ghostrider. I am a general contractor, have been for nearly 20 years, I will technically be 1/2 on the lease, and even I cant pull specific trades commercial permits. Trust me I have spent 3 months making calls to both the city inspectors office and the state code division.

Then your doing it wrong.

I dont care what you have done for how long..I know plenty of guys who have done stuff wrong for many years.

I would bet I could come up, pull the permit and get it passed....But what do I know, being in the construction trades myself.

GL in your venture since you already know how it has to be done.

Then your doing it wrong.

I dont care what you have done for how long..I know plenty of guys who have done stuff wrong for many years.

I would bet I could come up, pull the permit and get it passed....But what do I know, being in the construction trades myself.

GL in your venture since you already know how it has to be done.

Okay, I will call your bluff. Please come on down, I will gladly go down with you to the city and direct you who to speak with. I guess your options are to back out now actually put your money where your mouth is.

You two are entertaining :dumb:

Electric - We've been using The Superior Group for all our electrical stuff at the office, class group those guys. Possibly a tad higher on price because they have the freedom to bid high-end, mission critical type stuff, but they've never let us down.

Plumbing - Muetzel has been hit-or-miss in the year we've been using them, seems to depend on whether or not the guy they send specializes in that particular type of work at hand. As examples: Both guys sent for toilet/urinal issues seemed peeved to be on something trivial. The guy sent to relocate a line away from live switchgear guy was ace. The one sent to repair a backflow was friendly enough, but it took several visits and he still had to call in for backup after replacing every component in the thing and still not getting it to hold.

I know the big wigs with most of the major and larger scale firms and could tell you their price without calling. This project isnt worth their trip charge. This is going to have to be a guy or small company that survives on small jobs. I am wanting to be 1/2 of what superiors and muetzels minimum charges would even be.

I know the big wigs with most of the major and larger scale firms and could tell you their price without calling. This project isnt worth their trip charge. This is going to have to be a guy or small company that survives on small jobs. I am wanting to be 1/2 of what superiors and muetzels minimum charges would even be.

You asked :confused:

Maybe if we knew what the project was?

This is for my wifes cake shop

Electric

1. Run one 208 50A service 30' from box to oven location, wall mount

2. Run one 208 service 10' to hot water tank, wall mount

3. Replace 3 existing outlets with GFCI outlets(one per circuit)

4. Add one new 110v outlet on existing wall(no drwall yet) pulling power from inline outlet 10' away

Materials $325, permit $75, Time 6hrs, Labor?

Plumbing

1.Hook up 3 compartment & sink grease trap, directly at drain/hookups

2.Hook up hand sink, directly at drain/hookups

3.Run water lines 10' to hot water heater

4.Hook up utility sink directly at drain/hookups

All work is right at existing water lines and drain pipes in wall, everything is above ground nothing goes into concrete. All items will be in place just need hooked up. Its all in one area, its a small shop.

Time 6-7 hrs, permit $75, Materials $200, Labor?

You would think. I have contacted 20 electricians and 15 plumbers. I understand they have education, equipment ect. but their prices are that of a person who is trying to make up a months worth of missed work on one job. I billed out at $250hr at my job including all materials and expensive equipment, and thats fairly high for a tradesman. But when a guy tells me that for 6 hrs of labor as an eletrician he wanst $5k, thats a bit high in my mind. Most guys are coming in at $1600, thats $200 an hr for just basic tools and experience. A tradesman whos billout does not include specialized equipment and materials should be around $40 this time of year, I would even say $50-60 but $200 in winter. These guys arent large companies with crazy overhead or lots of employees. I have had medium sized companies not quote as high as a guy with a beater truck and a toolbox.

• 3 weeks later...