Steel jacketed ammo

V8 Beast

Indoor ranges won't allow you to use it because it tears up the bullet traps. You should be GTG at most outdoor ranges.

ACTUALLY, the guy at blackwing on sunday said that it creates sparks on the backstop which could start a fire. Lead does not.

Might be able to use it at the outdoor range off 229 in Norton, Delaware, Ohio.

Even if they fire close to as accurate and cycle near as well as anything else have fun with clean up.

I've shot Russian and Yugo surplus out of my Mosin's and SKS's and the cleanup isnt anything noticably worse than commercial ammo. I mean is it really a big deal to run down the barrel 2-3 more extra times?

I've shot Russian and Yugo surplus out of my Mosin's and SKS's and the cleanup isnt anything noticably worse than commercial ammo. I mean is it really a big deal to run down the barrel 2-3 more extra times?

Reak...reeks....Brings havoc upon any pistols I've run it through.

The problem with surplus ammo isn't so much that it's dirty, it's that the majority of the time the primers contain potassium chloride salts which deposit everywhere upon firing, and thus draw in moisture, causing corrosion. You have to stay on top of cleaning or you risk your shit rotting to hell and back. You can pour an ammonia based product such as Windex down your barrel to neutralize the salts, which will buy you some time.

The problem with surplus ammo isn't so much that it's dirty, it's that the majority of the time the primers contain potassium chloride salts which deposit everywhere upon firing, and thus draw in moisture, causing corrosion. You have to stay on top of cleaning or you risk your shit rotting to hell and back. You can pour an ammonia based product such as Windex down your barrel to neutralize the salts, which will buy you some time.

I've honost to god heard a guy admit that he pissed down his mosins barrel after shooting it.

TBH, it's not a bad idea as long as you push some patches through immediately after.