Roll Cage Certification

DaddyBuiltRacing

So I am sending my car out this week to finally have a roll cage installed. I have been doing some reading/research and emailing about having the cage certified. I emailed NTR and this is the reply I got back from their guy in regards to having the cage certified:

"NTR has two chassis days scheduled March 24th at Coughlin Chevrolet Newark and April 15th at the track. The fee is $150 plus you must be a member of NHRA. Please call the Raceway at 740 928 5706 for an appointment.

NHRA Membership Fee:

One year is $69

Two year is $128

Three years $187"

Is this the only way to get a cage certified? Some people are saying to not worry about the cert and run until they kick me out, I'd rather play it safe but I dont think ill be able to make either of the dates posted above due to scheduling conflicts....any other way to do this or is this it?

NHRA has so many inspectors per division. You can get a list of the inspectors in your division and call them directly. We used to have Pinky do them at our shop years ago. We would wait to get 2 or more cars to do and just call him up and he would come do it.

do you plan on running faster than 9.99? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. All you need is a 5pt.

5 point doesn't work for me, I will be trapping more then 135mph. Thats where they get you, its good to 10.00 if your slower then 135mph. I would rather play it safe then be eliminated because I am going too fast without a roll cage ya know.

Thanks for all the replies!! I will contact John and see what he has to say