BlueJackets Trading Nash

SLOWLX

Carter is gone and we got Jack Johnson plus a first round pick next year.

It's all conditional. We only get the first round pick this year if LA makes the playoffs and we decide we want it. If LA doesn't make the playoffs we automatically get their 2013 1st rounder.

Nail will be a star, so I'm not worried about that. At this point I don't mind if we lose out next year as well b/c the #1 pick next year is going to be a superstar, Nathan McKinnon. There hasn't been a kid this hyped since Crosby and he gets a lot of comparison to Sidney. If we get both of the #1 picks the next couple years and rebuild a lot like the Pens/Hawks/Caps, maybe try to get another top 10 pick this year and select Dumba. Get a decent tender to come our way, we'll be money.

This is literally the best thing the Jackets could do. Fail again next year for Nathan MacKinnon. He might not be on the level of Crosby, but he's going to be something special... :nod:

If Philly wants Nash bad enough, they will find a way to make room under the cap and Columbus could probably get van Riemsdyk or Couturier in return

We already had coututier!! No way we should trade to get him back.

The Jack Johnson trade is phenomenal though.

We already had coututier!! No way we should trade to get him back.

The Jack Johnson trade is phenomenal though.

Not really. Technically, Philly drafted him with the pick they got from Carter if I'm not mistaken. Dude is only 19 and he's already looking like a star

Not really. Technically, Philly drafted him with the pick they got from Carter if I'm not mistaken. Dude is only 19 and he's already looking like a star

Yeah. Couturier wasn't suppose to fall all the way to the 8th pick. We traded for Carter before the draft. I think if we knew Couturier would fall that far they wouldn't have traded the pick away.

It's all a moot point though. Philly is stuck with Bryzgalov's huge contract so I doubt they can afford to add Nash, and even if they can, Couturier might be untouchable

It's be said a few time around the hockey boards that the price that is rumored from Philly will be .

James van Riemsdyk + Sergei Bobrovsky + Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier

Apparently that is what Howson has been asking for.

It's be said a few time around the hockey boards that the price that is rumored from Philly will be .

James van Riemsdyk + Sergei Bobrovsky + Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier

Apparently that is what Howson has been asking for.

ive heard a rumor, insert bryz instead of bobrovsky so they can clear cap space to make way for nash. however this would mean holmgren would have to admit he made a mistake in signing his big contract. That and im sure they would need a goalie in return.

EDIT: either way that would be a HUGE change in the whole dynamic of this team. If you insert those players in our proposed lineup for next year it completely changes everything. Add atkinson, yakubov and calvert if theres room. Dump umberger, pahlsson, juice (obviously) for future draft picks and maybe blue chip talent and that overhauls the wholes team, and hopefully the locker room attitude aswell.

ive heard a rumor, insert bryz instead of bobrovsky so they can clear cap space to make way for nash. however this would mean holmgren would have to admit he made a mistake in signing his big contract. That and im sure they would need a goalie in return.

I wouldn't want to touch Bryzgalov's contract at all. That's a horrible contract and we'd be stuck with him for a while. I'm pretty sure it's around 7 mil a year.

I dont know who to hate more. Nash or Howson. Nash b/c he signed the contract and now wants to jump ship. yes this season is shit and yes its blatantly clear that Howson is a fucking moron but you have to give ownership credit that they did everything Howson asked in order to get nash some help and make a winner. I would even give nash credit if he said he didnt want to be part of yet another 'rebuild'. But shit say that stuff after the seasons over not before the trade deadline.

I hate howson b/c he pretty much just fucked whatever locker room chemistry MIGHT HAVE been ("MIGHT HAVE" being the key term, that locker room is as dysfunctional as lyndsey lohan on a 3 day coke binge). It almost reeks of desperation by howson to keep his job by throwing nash under the bus so fingers dont point at him in the blame game.

I say get rid of both of them. Fire that needledick howson, and let craig patrick take the GM seat. If he can convince nash to be all in cool but that fucker loses his C, if not you try to trade him for everything he's worth and find a way to get him to expand his list of acceptable teams.

Ive read my usual CBJ websites and everyone is suspecting there was a deal done that nash and his agent veto'd which may/may not have prompted howson to throw him under the bus. fucking fuck.

And Nash asked to be traded. Honestly I thought it was the organization wanting to trade him, not the other way around.

Nash told ownership that he wanted the management of the team to change or he wanted out. I can't blame him for that. The front office of this team is the laughing stock of the NHL. At least he is sticking to his guns. I wouldn't want to stick around for a Priest/Howson show again after 5 years of nothing to show for it.

Nash told ownership that he wanted the management of the team to change or he wanted out. I can't blame him for that. The front office of this team is the laughing stock of the NHL. At least he is sticking to his guns. I wouldn't want to stick around for a Priest/Howson show again after 5 years of nothing to show for it.

ahhhh i didnt know about that i thought he just asked for a trade and that was it. And good priest/howson need to get the boot.