Springfield XDs or Glock?

wagner

I am thinking about finally getting a handgun and have narrowed it down to a Springfield or Glock in .40 or .45.

As a first time handgun owner what would be the better bet? I really like the features the Springfields have and like the feel.

Have you spent range time with both ?

Have you spent range time with both ?

No, that is something I still need to do. I am just trying to see if there is a big issue with either weapon system to narrow it down.

I shot a glock YEARS ago, but it was only a 9mm.

I can meet you at Blackwing if you would like to try out a G21 just let me know when.

I might take you up on that at some point.

Jones is correct. You really need to spend time with both since both are fantastic guns. I tried out both Glock and Springfield recently when I was looking for a .40S&W to get into comp shooting with. After messing with both I ended up buying the Springfield XDm .40S&W and I love it. However, I would have NO problem buying the Glock either. I chose the Springfield because of the grips, the price was right, and the gun came with a few extras.

No, that is something I still need to do. I am just trying to see if there is a big issue with either weapon system to narrow it down.

You won't have any "big issues" with either.

Put a box of ammo through both. Whichever one you can hit targets with COMFORTABLY is the gun you want. It will be easy to decide after you have time on both of them.

That or you'll buy both. :megusta:

Lemmie know if you want to try out the H&K (USP 9mm). I haven't shot it in forever so it would be fun to get it back out and make some holes in something.

I have a few of each and can honestly say I love them both. My glock 22 in .40 is my preferred gun as I have spent the most time shooting it. That is what I usually carry.

I have 2 xd 9mm, one full size and one sub compact. The fullsize is awesome and very accurate. I prefer the .40 for stopping power. The sub compact is worthless unless you are shooting at something 10ft away. So, for a carry gun it is perfect.

If you would like to shoot them we can arrange to meet at Blackwing sometime as it is 5 minutes from my house. :)

-Marc

^What everyone else said.

I would also say neither, but for the sake of discussion between the 2 I prefer the feel of the XD. I carry a Ruger, but it's a sc so it's not for long range. Someday I'll get a full size FNP9/40. <~~~ Pure win over all mentioned. Best gun you can get for the price IMO.

^What everyone else said.

I would also say neither, but for the sake of discussion between the 2 I prefer the feel of the XD. I carry a Ruger, but it's a sc so it's not for long range. Someday I'll get a full size FNP9/40. <~~~ Pure win over all mentioned. Best gun you can get for the price IMO.

Once you go FN, you never go back.

:megusta:

I like my glock 22 .40. its a Gen 2 built in '97 and i have close to 20k rounds through it. i have never had one jam, failure to home or failure to eject.

it did break on me at the range when the slide lock pins broke so the slide wouldn't lock back when the mag was empty. it still fired all day with broken pins, i would have zero issues trusting my life with it and will never sell it.

Past tense? As in, "I loved my wife last night"?

Yeah, I pretty much rent guns for a year and sell them.. I gotta stop doing that but its helping a lot in the gun knowledge area.

Sold the XD to a member here so I could get my wife a Christmas present without the money coming out of my account.... surprise stuff. When I went to replace it I saw a PS90 and couldnt pass it up for $1050.