Need a car for my wife for around 10k. Need some suggestions

Buck531

Yep. I did see one on cars.com that was under 10k and had decent miles. How are they? pretty reliable?

That's what I'm trying to get at. what's reliable and what's not.

Dunno. Google it

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/98-mazda6/58615-buying-mazda-6-soon-any-problems.html

Post 3 looks informative

Too lazy to read the thread or even the first post but 10k and under can get u a super low mile cobalt impala maybe even some of the malibues. All would be 2008 and newer. Check out ricarts page when I was looking a few months ago they had them by the truck loads

If it's for the wife, have you checked out PT Cruisers? I don't know if you can get a 2.4L Turbo for under $10k...

I've known a couple of ladies thru work that have them and they really like them. I rode in one and was very impressed with the space and design...reliability on the 4cyl is very good as well.

EDIT: We all know how overpriced CarMax is and here's one that fits your bill. I do think it's worth checking out!

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=4&id=8213556&D=50&ASTc=pt cruiser&zip=43220&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=homepage:homepage&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=966+190+398+9&Q=d3c34fae-f80e-4670-9764-7eaa63ea67ca

You can do a lot with 10K. I just went though this with finding my wife a new ride.

We were looking at small SUVs though.

here is the thread http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98592 Some decent info in it.

Our budget got slashed in half pretty quick while looking (she is still in school getting her Masters) so we ended up spending 5400 on an XTerra which was what we originally wanted anyway. In the end it will come down to which particular vehicles you both want, and then proceed to look for viable options. CL worked good for us on this one.... those car lots were a RIP-OFF in every way compared to private sellers. Plus I dont mind fixing a few things like some fluids and shocks...

With similar constraints I got a Honda Fit for the wife. (a manual though -- auto would probably make it cheaper as they're easier to find)

Upside: Consistently 30-35mpg(w/ lots of city driving), cheap to run and maintain, lots of space

Downside: Noisy above 65mph, laggy DBW(won't really matter for an auto...)

She likes it, I can sorta tolerate it.

Also, uses a timing chain intended to last the life of the engine so no need to really worry about that.

I Have a 2003 Toyota Camry with only 15k miles on it for 12,9 here in Lima at Tom Ahl Hyundai. pm if interested

That is nuts. :eek: Also appears to have spent it's life in Florida, which is a good thing IMO.... definitely looks like it spent it's time sitting indoors at least.

EDIT: says it was registered as a commercial vehicle for the first half of those miles?

That is nuts. :eek: Also appears to have spent it's life in Florida, which is a good thing IMO.... definitely looks like it spent it's time sitting indoors at least.

EDIT: says it was registered as a commercial vehicle for the first half of those miles?

That's correct.

Yeah I found that out real quick looking on cars.com and craigslist that didn't have a bazillion miles on them.

buy 250$ 3800 and keep your son driving his car.

Look at Hyundais you can get allot of car for a good price. My dad has a 07 or 08 sonota V6 Sport. It's not a bad car. it's help up link a champ.

If it's for the wife, have you checked out PT Cruisers? I don't know if you can get a 2.4L Turbo for under $10k...

I've known a couple of ladies thru work that have them and they really like them. I rode in one and was very impressed with the space and design...reliability on the 4cyl is very good as well.

EDIT: We all know how overpriced CarMax is and here's one that fits your bill. I do think it's worth checking out!

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=4&id=8213556&D=50&ASTc=pt cruiser&zip=43220&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No=0&Ep=homepage:homepage&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=966+190+398+9&Q=d3c34fae-f80e-4670-9764-7eaa63ea67ca

PT Cruiser Turbos are rated as one of the worst cars maintenance and reliability wise