Does anyone want old oil?

macpyro2

I dont know if anyone uses old engine oil for anything but my dad asked me if I could get rid of his stock pile from oil changes... There is about 20 gallons give or take. Again its free if anyone wants it for any reason, if not ill be disposing of it this weekend.

You may want to phone MD transmission in Delaware (across from the Hangout). (740) 363-0054

I believe they use waste oil to heat their shop.

yeah was just going to post that some shops use it to for heat. At least we did at the old saturn dealership.

You may want to phone MD transmission in Delaware (across from the Hangout). (740) 363-0054

I believe they use waste oil to heat their shop.

Looks like you're in Delaware so ths would likely be the easiest thing to do. We use it to heat our shop at Dave Gill also so anyone who wants to get rid of it out this way is welcome.

I'm in the same situation as the OP. Do they typically take the containers too or just have you dump it in a drum? I have probably 20+ Gallon containers laying around. If I ditch the oil I'm not sure I'm clear to just throw the containers away (?).

I'm in the same situation as the OP. Do they typically take the containers too or just have you dump it in a drum? I have probably 20+ Gallon containers laying around. If I ditch the oil I'm not sure I'm clear to just throw the containers away (?).

Back in my oil changing days, we stopped taking used oil because people had all kinds of bullshit in their oil like water, antifreeze, whatever. Before that, we would dump the oil out and get rid of the containers too. Depends on the place I guess. Just throw away the containers you hippie.

Columbus often has 'hazardous waste' recycling days when you can drop stuff off at collection centers. I save up my 'oddball' stuff (like oil full of antifreeze etc.) for those days in disposable containers (like milk jugs) and take it in then. You might check their website.

I bought some 10 gal HD plastic containers on sale at Wally Mart for 'good' used oil as my local oil change place will still accept it for recycle. I just change my vehicles myself all year and then take the oil over with the wife's van when it's getting an oil change.

I dont know if anyone uses old engine oil for anything but my dad asked me if I could get rid of his stock pile from oil changes... There is about 20 gallons give or take. Again its free if anyone wants it for any reason, if not ill be disposing of it this weekend.

Call dan and dump it at his work