Testing the Water

NEORedLS1

I guess I could put CR to better use than to just troll and waste time :gabe:

I am a graduating senior at Malone University, a private liberal arts school here in Canton. I am going to be graduating with a major in Sports Management and a minor in Business Administration. I am walking in April, but I won't have my degree until June because when I transferred they messed up some of my credits.

A few professional affiliations I have are with the local ESPN branch in Massillon, and several sports professors, namely one who was the assistant Athletic Director at Kent State University, who has wrote a letter of recommendation for me. I have a lot of skill in terms of marketing, sales, human resource management, and even some public relations work.

My girlfriend and I would love to move to the Columbus area. Just testing the water here and seeing if anyone knows of any places accepting resumes or if anyone has a contact I could get in touch with and point me in the right direction. I appreciate any help in my process. Thanks.

-Blake

I am a graduating senior at Malone University, a private liberal arts school here in Canton. I am going to be graduating with a major in Sports Management and a minor in Business Administration.

:yuno:

why didnt you flip your major and minor, do you not know the real world?

IMO this is why a lot of college grads cant find a job, just trying to help you realize some stuff.

What kind of job did you see yourself doing with a degree in sports mgmt? Are you looking to work for a pro team, represent athletes, or work in the fitness field? You may want to look at a bigger sports market. Did you play any sports for Malone? Do they have an affiliation with any pro sports outfits? For example, I know a guy going to school down in Tampa and his school is connected with the local pro teams there as well as the Indycar race organization.

:yuno:

why didnt you flip your major and minor, do you not know the real world?

IMO this is why a lot of college grads cant find a job, just trying to help you realize some stuff.

having a sports managment degree as a major doesnt limit him to just "sports" its an emphasis on a direction. i majored in that as well and its more a business base degree more than anything. personally i want to be a athletic director by 40 y.o , but he can do just about anything with that major.

Sports management offers wide scope of things I could do. Ideally I'd like to get in the front office of a pro team or do marketing for team. Promos, PR events, ect. I actually had several internship opportunites last year for the Akron Aeros and some other Minor League teams. I did play football at Malone, I'm also a Massillon Washington graduate (Paul Brown, Chris Speilman) so there's some possible ins. I plan on using the whole Massillon theme when applying with the Bengals and Browns lol.

...or just get in and do marketing for one of the sponsors on CR :gabe:

Edited by NEORedLS1

Oh yeah, you missed our lunch date for a haircut? Shame on you.

Mom is a cosmotologist. I get it done free on her schedule lol. Next time you're up this way definitely get a hold of me. Other than class Tuesday/Thursday I don't do shit other than work a couple nights