Update on Hanging Body Victim - * WARNING * - You might know him

TTQ B4U

His name was Nicholas Trebonik. He was a senior at Worthington Kilbourne High School where he played football and volleyball, and was on the diving team. He worked at Lifetime Fitness as a lifeguard.

Lived up north of where he was found, off Smokey Row by the Shell Station as you go towards Powell. I have no idea what made him pick my sisters car port. Evidently he broke up with his girlfriend.

Sad Really. I won't post his photo. I don't consider it appropriate now that we know who he is. :(

Prayers to his family. According to the family, In lieu of flowers, they would like contributions in his memory to be made to: Invisible Children at www.invisiblechildren.com or the Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation, www.ohiospf.org. Arrangements by Rutherford Funeral Home at Powell.

Original Thread: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101442

Yeah, my girlfriend told me about him (little sister is a sophomore at Kilbourne). I told her I bet it was the same guy I heard about on here. That's too bad, its a really selfish and cowardly way to lose a family member/friend.

fixed.

fixed.

I meant it's rough for the friends and family. To this day I'm not over my best friend that committed suicide, I still have my rough days and break downs. That said, I know that there's a line I have to draw with what he did, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I meant it's rough for the friends and family. To this day I'm not over my best friend that committed suicide, I still have my rough days and break downs. That said, I know that there's a line I have to draw with what he did, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I have a close friend that committed suicide as well. Some days its difficult to deal with, but at the end of the day it was their decision, that's why I feel suicide is selfish and cowardly.

suicide sucks. i've had an uncle and a cousin (different sides of family) do it. uncle hung himself at my cousins house, skipped going out with them saying he was going to go to an AA meeting...when they got home, my cousins daughter, maybe 8-10 at the time was first through the door to find him.

my cousin was missing for about a month about 4-5 years ago, they ended up finding him, shot himself in the woods...his story was all over Nancy Grace for a couple weeks.

seems like im missing someone else important i knew that killed themself, but sadly its not coming to me...maybe it was just those two.

at the end of the day it was their decision, that's why I feel suicide is selfish and cowardly.

My brother came close a number of times as he battled cancer for nearly 12 years. I was there one day while he was pondering life and cleaning his guns and discussing things with me.

I don't think in all cases it's a selfish act. Sometimes the pain and issues the deceased had are just as hard for them to live through. To say he should continue to suffer for the sake of those around him wasn't right either.

My brother died July 6, 2006 and I know it wasn't just complications with his meds and his weak condition. I don't think he had the guts to pull the trigger and that said I know he didn't want to leave anyone with the memory of a hole in his head either. At the final showing it was tough but I said goodbye knowing he went on his terms trying to deal with demons I wouldn't know how to face either.

RIP to them both. In this case, it's sad to think a young athletic kid suffered inside and perhaps didn't have the relationships with others to make it through it all.

I have a close friend that committed suicide as well. Some days its difficult to deal with, but at the end of the day it was their decision, that's why I feel suicide is selfish and cowardly.

So you get what I mean. Horrible for the family, horrible for you and I.

....that's why I feel suicide is selfish and cowardly.

I agree completely. I know a few people who have committed suicide, and while they were not really close friends it just makes me angry for the people who are close to them. Just makes me want to always remember them as a little bitch who couldn't get though a rough patch.... too young to really be so certain that your life isn't worth living.

Reminds me of the end of Dazed and Confused"

"If I ever refer to these as the best days of my life, remind me to kill myself"