Help picking out a 308 black rifle

1fast5gp

I am thinking about picking up a black rifle in 308. I love my LMT MRP and thought I made up my mind on getting the LMT 308 MWS. Over the weekend, I shot a buddies POF 308 and loved the way it shoots. Now I am at a lost, I don't know which one to choose.

LMT 308 MWS: It is DI so it takes a little longer to clean. CL barrel, it looks better than the POF, interchangeable barrel, monolithic rail, it's a LMT.

POF 308: Geissle trigger and match barrel and suppose to be more accurate than the LMT, gas piston system which makes it easier to clean, I can choose between a 16in, 18in, and a 20in barrel, only thing I don't like is that the recoil is a little harder.

What do you guys think?

LaRue's OBR and PredatARs are getting rave reviews, though I personally refuse to buy from him.

I personally want a 12.5" REPR from LWRC, but am hesitant to cough up $4,000 for a rifle, plus another $6-700 for optics, plus whatever else. I'd end up having $5,000 in it before it was all finished.

Food for thought...

The LMT 2-stage trigger is fucking super smooth to me. I like the LaRue OBR, and the REPR, but I love LMT. There's a reason the Brits are using it as their designated marksman rifle. And so far, I hear the reports from the field are that it's nothing shy of excellent.

I'm not sold on the piston rifles yet. DI has proven itself, and got a bad rap due to Vietnam era BS. Atleast with DI, you can swap bolts for the most part, but when it comes to piston rifles, everyone does their own thing.

LMT308MWS. :cool:

Usually, the things you can't readily see is what makes the difference when compared.

When you get into the internal clearances & materials, in bore cant, how true the bolt face is, the symmetry of the chamber and design, etc etc seperates a good rifle, from a great rifle.

These are some top notch products from top notch vendors, sadly I couldn't tell you which edges the others out.