Caucasions for Santorum - parody, mature discussion inside, mmkay?

nurkvinny

Sounds somehow "wrong", right?

Can you imagine the media backlash that would flow for weeks if Santorum or Romney or any other candidate created such a site and video promoting said site?

Your current president sees no issue with his "African Americans for Obama" program and site. I heard it on a very right-leaning radio show, so I assumed some crazy had called in not knowing what he was talking about.

Right?

Nope. Discuss. Keep it civil please. I know this is the Kitchen, because I know better that that's where this topic will eventually go, but I'd like honest thoughts...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/aafo.asp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its amazing how white people are afraid to call black people racist.

PS-im fully aware not everyone is racist. I just think its such a double standard.

+1

Black people are more prejudice towards white folk than most whites are towards black folks(at least from my experiences). Cant keep pulling the slavery card forever...

its amazing how white people are afraid to call black people racist.

PS-im fully aware not everyone is racist. I just think its such a double standard.

I'm not but then I also think everyone is racist to some degree. Although, honestly, I never really ever think of race or age any more. I suppose it's getting older and wiser to some degree. Does it really matter any more?

If you think about it hes not the first politician to openly target the black votes as a means to win an election. Hes just the first black president to target the black vote.

hes doing that because he knows black people will come outta the woodwork again just to vote for a black person!! Its bullshit that he can get away with calling on his brothas to vote for him.

"obama gonna pay my mortgage and my gas bill!!!"

hes doing that because he knows black people will come outta the woodwork again just to vote for a black person!! Its bullshit that he can get away with calling on his brothas to vote for him.

"obama gonna pay my mortgage and my gas bill!!!"

Ignorant

Bush targets minorities and its a great strategy to get elected. Obama does it and hes a racist... :nono:

Im not pro-Obama but I am anti-ignorance.

As best as I am able - this being the kitchen and all - to keep this on some kind of track... I was really more pointing out what Hell would be unleashed if a white candidate tried this approach. Obviously, every candidate wants every black vote, white vote, gay vote, woman vote, college vote, green vote he can get.

A side question: do you think a Hispanic candidate would catch any shit for creating a "Hispanics for Xxxxxx" site?

As best as I am able - this being the kitchen and all - to keep this on some kind of track... I was really more pointing out what Hell would be unleashed if a white candidate tried this approach. Obviously, every candidate wants every black vote, white vote, gay vote, woman vote, college vote, green vote he can get.

A side question: do you think a Hispanic candidate would catch any shit for creating a "Hispanics for Xxxxxx" site?

Actually if Santorum had a site called Irishmen for Santorum it would be fine. You dont see people boycotting Irish festivals or calling them racist for not calling them "everyone festivals". :lolguy: Caucasian covers too much. African Americans were pigeon holed into one group years ago... Just like we are doing to "Latinos/Hispanics" now. Caucasians cover so many different groups, but when broken down to Jewish, Irish, German, etc. people dont complain that they seperate themselves from others.

Ignorant

Bush targets minorities and its a great strategy to get elected. Obama does it and hes a racist... :nono:

You know, I listened to "Charles from Ohio" call in to a show this morning and although he acknowledged all of the things Obama has messed up, he still stated he was going to get out and support him because he was black and white conservatives had kept his people down... back in the 1700's.

Not saying all voters follow that thought process, but they are definitely out there. EDIT - yes, just like white racists will vote against Obama because he is black.

Ignorant

thats totally different and you know it. The black vote was relatively small until obama showed promise of being elected. Thats when he started to call on the millions of blacks that have never voted in their lives.

All I'm saying is for being a president that wants to end "racism" he's doing an awfully shitty job at it.

Actually if Santorum had a site called Irishmen for Santorum it would be fine. You dont see people boycotting Irish festivals or calling them racist for not calling them "everyone festivals". :lolguy: Caucasian covers too much. African Americans were pigeon holed into one group years ago... Just like we are doing to "Latinos/Hispanics" now. Caucasians cover so many different groups, but when broken down to Jewish, Irish, German, etc. people dont complain that they seperate themselves from others.

Never knew Irish was a race.............??

I guess in theory, whites and blacks should love him equally since he is 50% black and 50% white. Right? Right?

:)

He is a great orator. Must be the white in him. :lolguy: I hear the ladies like him because of his blackness. :p

Never knew Irish was a race.............??

My point... Try to break down African American like Caucasion in a way that would allow for seperate festivals? African Americans in many ways have no choice but to be one big whole because the history is hard to track. It would be great to have XXX festivals. It would be great if Obama could make a site called Mbundus for Obama. All he has to work with is the whole race. He cant pick a culture to target so its all or nothing.

To me he lost it in the positioning. You never make one vote appear more important than another. When Im working with people at work I tell them not to set number goals because it puts a cap on and possibly limits what they do. By targeting one race he is pushing other races away and limiting the people he can reach. I dont think hes smart at all for doing this. For every black vote you gain you get 1 white guy that makes a thread like this pissing off 10 other white guys ;).. some of which may have been pro-Obama until they read about the site.

My point... Try to break down African American like Caucasion in a way that would allow for seperate festivals? African Americans in many ways have no choice but to be one big whole because the history is hard to track. It would be great to have XXX festivals. It would be great if Obama could make a site called Mbundus for Obama. All he has to work with is the whole race. He cant pick a culture to target so its all or nothing.

To me he lost it in the positioning. You never make one vote appear more important than another. When Im working with people at work I tell them not to set number goals because it puts a cap on what they may be able to do. By targeting one race he is pushing other races away and limiting the people he can reach. I dont think hes smart at all for doing this. For every black vote you gain you get 1 white guy that makes a thread like this pissing off 10 other white guys ;).. some of which may have been pro-Obama until they read about the site.

Im sorry, but if your born here in America, your American. I don't go round claiming to be this raging italian/german/english. Same goes for african american. Its fine to recognize your history as a race, but lets get real we are Americans. Its also apples to oranges when you try to compare irish to mbundus.

Note: i do agree that its foolish to target any group like that, because he will lose other race votes.

racism sucks

For every black vote you gain you get 1 white guy that makes a thread like this pissing off 10 other white guys ;).. some of which may have been pro-Obama until they read about the site.

:gabe:

Was going for 100, minimum.

:gabe::gabe:

Im sorry, but if your born here in America, your American. I don't go round claiming to be this raging italian/german/english. Same goes for african american. Its fine to recognize your history as a race, but lets get real we are Americans. Its also apples to oranges when you try to compare irish to mbundus.

Note: i do agree that its foolish to target any group like that, because he will lose other race votes.

racism sucks

I agree with you. At this point we are all mutts anyway.

P.S. You just claimed to be a raging Italian, German, English guy.