1998  Carl Fogarty Ducati 916

1999  Carl Fogarty Ducati 996

2001  Troy Bayliss Ducati 996

2003  Neil Hodgson Ducati 999

2004  James Toseland Ducati 999

2006  Troy Bayliss Ducati 999

2008  Troy Bayliss Ducati 1098

2011  Carlos Checa Ducati 1098R

Ducati has also won 16 SBK manufacturer world championships for years 1991–1996, 1998–2004, 2006, 2008 and 2009.

and the new 1199 Panigale is plain nasty...with Rossi and Hayden I expect big things in the next few years.

The only thing Audi has to worry about is not screwing anything up.

The only thing Audi has to worry about is not screwing anything up.

There's a big difference between winning races and having a successful company. Right Ferrari?

Did you read where of the nearly the entire purchase price is buying their debt? LOL

kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk

Hay brah I thought you had a 1000? Why is it barely keeping up with my 600?

BECAUSE DUCATI

kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk kachunk

Hay brah I thought you had a 1000? Why is it barely keeping up with my 600?

BECAUSE DUCATI

Have you ever ridden a Duc?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/ducati.jpg

I think there's at least some truth in what each of you are saying, even though you disagree with each other.

Ducati has been competitive in some racing categories, not in others.

The company has had pretty rocky times with its sales figures and finances.

If you value specs and straight-line performance, Ducati isn't a very good value.

But there's more to the story than that. I wouldn't consider a Miata or a Lotus to be junk just because it has a slow time in the quarter mile. I wouldn't consider all Firebirds failures just because their brand is defunct or because their parent company went bankrupt. I wouldn't consider a Ferrari trash because it wasn't a good "value."

I like the brand in general. Not every model, but the superbikes and cafes especially. I've owned 21 motorcycles now and can pretty much have any make/model there is. There's only one bike that ever left me stranded, and that was the Ducati 999. There's also only one bike that I can't bring myself to sell, and that's also the Ducati 999. More than any other bike I've ridden, the triple niner seems to almost have a "soul." Riding it is seems closer, to my mind, to riding a living, breathing being than it is to riding just a machine. It seems to never fail to lift my spirits. If you're a motorcyclist, I think you'll understand the feeling.

My femme fatale, my siren ...

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/999.jpg

I hope a purchase by Audi will give Ducati financial stability and infuse resources for R&D and product improvement.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting... I hope they do good things for Ducati. Despite my first 1098 going back under lemon law, it was a tiny manufacturing problem Ducati chose to make a horrible issue out of. Seeing that they're company is worth $850M and they have $800M in debt, perhaps that now makes more sense.

The 1098 is awesome. I hope Audi continues the great, exotic, soul-ful bikes and fixes the finances...

Thinking out loud, what if they wanted to pull a Gallardo --> R8 in the motorcycle realm? That would allow them to offer something aginst BMWs S1000RR... :0

i am in love with the hypermotard bikes, but i dont know that i can stomach the Ducati maintenance bills anymore.

loved my monster, thing felt like a muscle car, that L-twin pulled like a freight train w. all the torque.

Yeah, if mine started delivering high maintenance bills I'd not be happy. I guess with 1100 miles though it shouldn't be...