rotella t/delvac in non diesel applications?

AWW$HEEET

Read closer to my post (hint its in red ;)) The end result is failure. Yes the newer engines are common rail. Go ahead and use it in the if you wish its your choice. Just saying when I worked for a Ford dealer as a diesel tech it caused issues and not recommended to use it in Powerstrokes. :D

Found the same. Also found a difference between Rotella and motorctaft. Had customers down on power with Rotella after 1k miles. I choose to run Rotella in my dodge though. I wouldn't run it in a ford or Chevy diesel though.

I might add that I always add about a third of a bottle of engine break in additive with every oil change in all of my vehicles. Fuck the EPA I will put whatever I want in my oil.

Would you mind explaining why? Would this be something beneficial to say a stock DD as opposed to a purpose built race car ?

Very curious to see/read why you do this cause if its beneficial for the motor id probably start doing this myself.

Id like to know what weight delvac or delo to run in the 4.0? I run regular dino 10w30 in it right now, and change my oil every 3k. I think I have a rms leak possibly, or it could be an oil pan gasket. I wouldn't mind running something heavier, as my truck seems to always run low. I don't think its burning oil, I think its just a slow leak..

So what do you guys recommend for a 2000 f350 with the 7.3, these injectors are to expensive to be messing them up by using the wrong oil.

15w40 Motorcraft and either a Motorcraft or Fleet Guard filter. O'Rielly's and Advance have oil and filters in stock. Same goes for fuel filters.

Id like to know what weight delvac or delo to run in the 4.0? I run regular dino 10w30 in it right now, and change my oil every 3k. I think I have a rms leak possibly, or it could be an oil pan gasket. I wouldn't mind running something heavier, as my truck seems to always run low. I don't think its burning oil, I think its just a slow leak..

They do offer synthetic that has a wider viscosity range. With the warmer weather we are having I would give the 15w40 a go.

I have motorcraft and wix filters in stock for oil wix only for fuel.....

delo and delvac are only available in 15-40 and the delo is on sale for 12.99 a gallon till the end of the month.

if any of you are looking a diesel motor oil for the zinc content I also keep the zinc additive in stock