Need Help (Input Shaft) M6 06 GTO

PGH STEELERS

Would anyone have one or know where to get one. I broke two teeth on the input shaft and so far I'm have trouble locating one locally.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/PGHSteelers/IMG951096.jpg

GM Dealer, or a place called Goodale 1100 E 5th Ave, Columbus, OH 43201

(614) 294-4777

Goodale Transmission doesn't have it either. GM Part House is $495.00 plus tax. Trying to find someone local. Still no luck.

take another pic plus count the teeth on the gear, I might have a used one sitting around the shop, it came out of my SS

the F-body input shaft I think is different vs. the GTO. the F-body one I have has 31 teeth on the gear, double check the tooth count on yours, I think the Vette input shaft is compatable with the GTO but I'm not 100% sure, also the length might be different.

BTW check your countershaft too, if you broke the teeth on the input shaft you may have damaged the countershaft as well, countershaft part from GM is $1499.99 Goodale had it for $380ish I know because I broke 2 of them

here's another site to check:

http://www.thegearbox.org/T56.html

Thanks for looking into this. Yes, I'm having the counter shaft looked at as well along with the other gears.

I asked my tuner to send pictures, but something about taking pictures, he doesn't like to do it. I'll let you know if he gives me any other information on this input shaft.

According to my tuner, only the Z06 has the proper 29 tooth input.

Edited by PGH STEELERS