brake probs

jeffro

2002 focus. Se sohc. 100k miles.

After about 20 minutes of driving the passanger side front brake caliper quits releasing. We've replaced the caliper, the rubber hose that connects the brake line to thr caliper, rotors and pads. Blead the brakes, and was getting a great flow.

So my question is how long do the boosters on these typically last? Would a break flush fix it?

Booster wouldnt be the problem. Have you checked the master cylinder? Those are going to a diagonal split system.

I'm not sure if its diagonal but it likely is, check the opposite rear for lock up. I've seen masters cause lock up like that before, basically stopping the fluid from flowing back when the brakes are released.

Ordered a new master cylinder which will be here tomorrow.is the procedure for bleeding it the same as bleeding any other brakes? Fill it up, pump pump pump open the valve close the valve, repeat? Do this with all four brake lines?

Tia.

Ordered a new master cylinder which will be here tomorrow.is the procedure for bleeding it the same as bleeding any other brakes? Fill it up, pump pump pump open the valve close the valve, repeat? Do this with all four brake lines?

Tia.

Google master cylinder bench bleed, then install and proceed with normal bleed.