LS Crank Pulley Tool

Wes Stone

Metro Industies on Goodale.

Get a couple different lengths, they keep the bolts in stock.

I've tried getting a decent installer but even the shit GM lists as special tools to put it on is junk. The bolts are the way to go.

I saw this and thought it would be cheaper and work just as good.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x312/97ramsst/bc0a5280.jpg

If it has something to keep the threaded rod from spinning. I've seen pictures of a similar tool, but I've always done fine with a couple long bolts and washers.

We make our own for those cars. I have enough material that we could make you one if you wanted. Probably be around $20. Basically it would look exactly like the one you pictured but would have a nut welded on the end that you could hold so that you dont twist the all thread into the crank any further. I personally prefer to not use a bolt. It can and will work but I would rather have a stud threaded all the way through the crank and distribute the load across the threads of the stud rather than rely on the threads of the crank to pull the balancer on. Much cheaper to replace the stud than repair the threads in the crank if something binds or begins to cross thread.

Brady I drive past pickups plus everyday on my way from home to work. If that's where I can pick it up i'd defiantly take one for $20. I'm trying to get one by Friday though. Not sure on a time frame.

I could make you one tomorrow evening and have it ready by friday morning if you like. Really wouldnt be a big deal. I think I have enough material to do 3 or 4 of them if anyone else needs one made.

Awesome! I'll swing by friday on my way in. Do you want me to just ask for you?

Thats fine. I have tune appts scheduled for most of the day friday. I should be able to take a minute or two to come up. Worst case scenario Ill have it sitting up front for and Ill let the sales guys know you are coming in.