VW Eos for wife?

caseyctsv

My wife is in love with the VW Eos and her driving our 2002 suburban everyday is getting crazy on gas. We plan on keeping the suburban for when we need it and getting her something smaller and fuel efficient. She wants something a little bit fun, the fiat 500 and mini cooper were also being considered. We will not buy new so the fiat is out (that and I driven one and hated it-the abarth may be better but the standard one was terrible in my opinion).

So anyone know anything about the Eos? Given that I think it is on the golf platform I would assume it would be a decent choice for reliability?

I think the 09s also have Bluetooth but I am told the 07s and 08s can be cheaply upgraded with some sort of adaptor. I think at this point we would end up with an 07 or 08 but your info on the engine is exactly the stuff I need. My wife does not care as long as it is Eismeer Blue...awful if you ask me but it is her car!

Sit in an Eos and watch how much goes on to make that top come down. VW has never been good at making automatic convertible tops work consistently. I had one as a rental in Tampa last year. Nice car but the top is scary.

All seals on the top need to be cared for (oiled) regularly or they will leak.

Fsi engines have pcv, dv and cam follower issues.

Tsi has the intake flapper motor issue, but i never had the problem.

Some dsg cars had mechatronics recall, and exended warranty.

Thats the basics.

My father has an 09 and really likes it. VW, just replaced the headliner because of an interference problem with the top when it would go down.

I think he gets 27-28, normal driving and 32ish on the highway. Overall, it is a really nice car.

x2 on the top craziness. Looks like a transformer morphing.