I pray this is just casued from sitting so long..

FocusDave01

So i washed her up real good and was just letting her run today and was revin it up for a bystander who i invited to join us here on here casue he has a 02 R6 anyway redlineing the bike and nothing but bellowing smoke shooting out. Now granted bike sat for 5-6 months, god knows what type of gas the dealer put in it and i havent really gotten on her till this evening but i had some friends that know what there doin ride it and they say the bike seems fine (aside from it just shutting off randomly on engine breaking or when pullin the clutch in from high revs) again could be casue of how long bike sat need to add some fuel injecter cleaner and i filled her up with premo gas from shell today. i know i could just being a worry wart but my bro even says when hes following me that when i get on it it smokes, again i hope its from sitting so long, i dread the thought of having to replace the head gasket or whatever else this could be signs of. so anyone have advice to calm my nerves lol? am i just worrying too much?:popcorn:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it happens. what color was the smoke? this is an important fact. white smoke is oil, and thats bad. if its dark, might not be anything. if you go to a dyno day, you see tons of smoke comin out of peoples bikes...

what he said. if it's black smoke, it's prolly just carbon build up blowing off.

its wasnt a thick white like you couldnt see thru it but if i had to say anything its wasnt dark it was more white but like i said not a thick thick white its hard to describe lol i just know after i revved it up like 3 times in a row to see if it would keep doing it and when i got on the bike hard while my bro was following me it was def noticeble .../sigh i swear....not having the best of luck with this bike at all...

Dont do that again. Never good to just sit there and pipe the shit of it.:nono:

yeah i only did it like 3 times but just to a lil over the shift light but note taken, and it did it when i was riding it as well and got on ithard casue my bro was following me...

White smoke?? It's probably just an internal coolant leak due to a cracked cylinder head. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just top it off with some fresh H2O every other day and you should be just fine.

:D

:lol: Pipe smoker

it just really upsets me if it is something thats really bad with it i mean it just seems that even tho it is "as is" used (aka im stuck with it now) and ive had nothing but problems with it it seems, one thing right after another. it has freakin 7k on it either the previous owner ragged the living dog piss out of it and then it just sat and the dealer "inspected" it and its fine makes me wonder what the hell is going on?

Yeah, you never know what the previous owners have done. Some don't do ANY maintenance!!!! Ive met a few and they dog the shit out of their bike and turn it in for a new one. Then someone else buys it from a dealer.

That's why all my bikes I've owned have been new. I did have 2 cars in my life that were used though. I got lucky there.

Good luck though. I feel for you. Having something wrong with a bike or car just flat out SUCKS!:(

Yeah, you never know what the previous owners have done. Some don't do ANY maintenance!!!! Ive met a few and they dog the shit out of their bike and turn it in for a new one. Then someone else buys it from a dealer.

That's why all my bikes I've owned have been new. I did have 2 cars in my life that were used though. I got lucky there.

Good luck though. I feel for you. Having something wrong with a bike or car just flat out SUCKS!:(

i know man it does i mean it took 2 weeks jsut to fix the fork seals that where busted god knows what it would cost and how long id be out the bike if something internal was bad, on a side note the bike does not ever have any smoke coming from it when its idleing its only when i get on it hard...if that makes any differance no sputtering or back fireing and the bike doesnt leak anything oil hasnt changed color my buddy seems to think im worriing too much but from what you guys have said and what i have read on the net it is something to worry about..

was the bike even warm when u revved the piss out of it?

i am sure its nothing to worry about, it was just water vapor and shit that has been collecting from storage,

is it carbed or injected? i am assuming injected, if so, its still probably running a bit rich due to sitting or being cold still, and plus if u were hitting the rev limiter, they usually just cut off spark not fuel, so it will still be dumping in fuel and it would not be burned, due to no spark, and thus cause smoke out the pipe. if it was coolant, u would smell a very sweet smell and the white smoke would just linger plus the bike would be overheating/milky colored oil

was the bike even warm when u revved the piss out of it?

i am sure its nothing to worry about, it was just water vapor and shit that has been collecting from storage,

is it carbed or injected? i am assuming injected, if so, its still probably running a bit rich due to sitting or being cold still, and plus if u were hitting the rev limiter, they usually just cut off spark not fuel, so it will still be dumping in fuel and it would not be burned, due to no spark, and thus cause smoke out the pipe. if it was coolant, u would smell a very sweet smell and the white smoke would just linger plus the bike would be overheating/milky colored oil

yeah i mean like i said it didnt "really" linger and i do realize now should rev it that high i retract what i said tho i didnt rev liit shift light rev which is 12,5 or so and only smoke comes out at that time and then while im riding and bike doesnt over heat runs perfectly fine people rode it said its fine but back to "really" linger i was at a car wash place and it wasnt a thick like a burn out came out thick but them thinned way out and it lingered but like i said no more than a second