I pray this is just casued from sitting so long..

FocusDave01

Don't even worry about a head gasket if it's still running anywhere near normal. Only a compression test would tell for sure if there was a head gasket problem. (or removing the head gasket) Lots of simple things can cause smoke out the tail pipe. It's just hard to figure out what it is sometimes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even worry about a head gasket if it's still running anywhere near normal. Only a compression test would tell for sure if there was a head gasket problem. (or removing the head gasket) Lots of simple things can cause smoke out the tail pipe. It's just hard to figure out what it is sometimes.

i think the dealership just didnt do shit to it prob got it on trade left in the back for god knows how long said they did all this maintinence and didnt and we will find out for sure today on if they were telling the truth i agree with serpant the bike was prob a stunt bike and beat to hell and deprived the engine of some oil i rode it today and she was fine

I posted on another bike, that a clean air filter is rather important. At the high amounts of air flow at high revs, the bike can choke and draw oil instead. It probably doesn't happen as quickly when under load moving down the street. But revving up while sitting still, it happens quickly. I'm not sure about really high revving bikes, but I think that even a clean air filter might choke when just revving it up sitting still without a load on it. It just won't flow air fast enough, and will try to draw oil instead. Perhaps that is what is happening.

I posted on another bike, that a clean air filter is rather important. At the high amounts of air flow at high revs, the bike can choke and draw oil instead. It probably doesn't happen as quickly when under load moving down the street. But revving up while sitting still, it happens quickly. I'm not sure about really high revving bikes, but I think that even a clean air filter might choke when just revving it up sitting still without a load on it. It just won't flow air fast enough, and will try to draw oil instead. Perhaps that is what is happening.

your right man actually read that last night ever since this prob with my bike has been goin on ive been doin nothing but research and have read that dirty air filter can cause problems like that or if its wet now i did power wash it but im not dumb i didnt power wash the air box lol.

Change the oil and keep an eye on the level. That is the cheapest' date=' and smartest, thing you can do right now. I wouldn't take the bike back to the hacks you bought it from. If they didn't have enough sense to check the fluid level when they had it what makes you think they'll have it now?

First lesson in motorcycle ownership... Learn to do it yourself. They aren't going to help you, right? Why give them any more business??[/quote']

i completly agree, that bike will never go back to that dealership ever and im done with them, im gonna learn to do this myself and if it needs service that i cant do it will go to 35motorsports lol

Don't feel bad, the first time I put rings and head gasket on a bike, I put both oil rings on upside down. That's some smoke. A steady putt putt little puffs of smoke from both pipes. I did it over again...

lol yeah, all the people i have talked to ask me if the bike performs good still and to me atleast thing is a beast but who knows i just want to get this thing on stands today and check it out, stupidly i commited to some yard work for my mom so that has to be done first yay!! mulch!!!