Kitchen Counters

Sparky

Looking for something priced between granite slab and laminate. I found granite for $40 a square foot but that will never be recouped in selling the house. It has to be a solid counter. Have looked at the big box stores but have not really seen any options.

Concrete sounds good but taking on that project is somewhat intimidating.

Call stone city llc. I got my entire kitchen (search for my thread "kitchen remodel") for $1700 with an undermount sink. It was $45.99/sq ft + tax. Cheapest i found for what i wanted + install. My buddy just went with them 2 weeks ago, got the cheaper level, was like $39.99/sq ft

Yea, thats where I saw the $40 a foot price. For my neighborhood its just too expensive though. Looking for a cheaper solid option. I have also tossed around the idea of using 24" smooth granite tiles. My dad did this in his kitchen and it looks pretty good.

Just got Uba Tuba for $35 a square- $150 for under-mount cut and heavy sink mount. $2800 but I have a TON of counter space. Find the small shops that ONLY do Granite. In this market, I think you will 100% Re-coupe that, since EVERYONE wants Granite, and that is the current standard of "higher end" finishes.

Kitchens and Bathrooms sell houses!

I wonder how much granite transformations costs? That crap that fits over the existing counter tops.

Never heard of it- but very interesting after a little reading! Cant find any price per square....

Edit** No longer a fan-

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/granite-transformations-cost.html

Generally, the granite transformations cost is almost equal to the cost of demolishing an existing countertop and installing a new one with tiles in the backsplash.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Need to look into pricing now.

Just FYI when I priced it out it was as expensive as mid-level granite. The one benifit was that for my sq footage they would include the intergrated sink for free. Unfortunatly the only sink colors were white and cream-and I really wanted full murder status with the sink/counter.