Paying someone via cell phone

Sully

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I don't know what the best way is. I'm hoping someone here can help.

There is a guy that mows my yard each week. He doesn't have an actual company name or anything, he's just a guy that does general yard work and farm work for people and was referred to me by the guy that farms the land around my house. Anyway, he been mowing for me for 4 years and I've always paid him with a check each month. Now that I finally got to upgrade to the iPhone 4s, I was wondering if there is an app or an easier way to pay this guy without having to write a check.

I noticed there's a Paypal app for the iPhone, but are there still fees involved when sending money? If so, who pays those fees, the person sending the money or receiving the money?

Not only that, but my fiance and I are splitting bills and she is going to be giving me money each month. No, we are not getting joint accounts. I don't believe in doing that. I have my reasons.

So, what's the best and easiest way to send money to someone without having to write out a check?

Set up a payment via your online bank account.

Payments can be made electronically right into his account or by check that the bank prints and sends to him.

This. Chase has a system that works really well.

Set up a payment via your online bank account.

Payments can be made electronically right into his account or by check that the bank prints and sends to him.

What info do I need from him? I don't think many people easily give up their bank account numbers these days. I know I wouldn't.

Yes, a very cool system... but he is paying someone, not taking payments.

The guy that mows his yard will need to order it. It is free and works on just about any phone. I have one and use it for when individuals pay me for pool cue repair or when they buy a pool cue from me. There is a fee for transactions, however it is cheaper that any bank charges for the ability to accept credit cards.

I think with Chase all you need is his email address. Then, assuming he has Chase, he'll setup the rest on his end.

I believe you are referring to quickpay, the other person doesn't have to have chase but if they don't it can take up to 4 days to get the funds, if he has a chase account 1 day. Just like paypal just get his email and send funds to said email, he logs in to chase.com/quickpay and retrieves said monies.

Yah encourage guy to get squareup if he has a smart phone.

I agree if the guy has a smart phone, it is a really good idea. We use one for the Blue Jacket's supporter group I am part of. Works great.

As others have suggested, check what options your bank has.

Jump on your computer, go to your online banking and read about person2person transfers. I know pnc does it and I think other banks participate too

Just looked into this. I have 5/3 and they use Popmoney. I'll be trying this out next week.

Thanks everyone for the replies.