Wal*mart batteries LOL

zeitgeist57

So, I still get WalMart batteries because I make money on them. Here's another example:

My '82 Ford F100 had a WalMart MAXX 34N battery from '08 (little colored date sticker on the top). It was getting pretty weak. In addition, I had a nearly new MAXX 78-group battery from '10 that was off of Cleetus sitting in my garage. I'm not even sure how it got there.

Brought both batteries in on Sunday. No receipt. The customer service desk tested both batteries. Surprisingly, the '10 battery that was fully discharged when I took it out of Cleetus 2-years ago was still good. So was the '08 from the Ford. I told the woman I don't need the one battery, and the Ford is on it's way out. I want to see what the pro-rate warranty is, and regardless I want to return both for a new battery for the Ford.

Again, with no receipt they beam the barcodes on both batteries, give me FULL PRICE VALUE for each onto a Walmart GC. :eek: I buy a brand new battery and some fluids, and still have $55 left on the GC!

Walmart's batteries are made by Johnson Controls, who makes DieHard and 80% of the automotive batteries in North America. They are good batteries, but even if they weren't, I can't argue with a no-questions-asked corporate policy of essentially FREE RETURNS within a 4+ year window!!! :thumbup:

I've had the exact opposite experience with them. I got a motorcycle battery for an older bike a few years ago, and exchanged it 3 times before I got one that would hold a charge and not shit out. Luckily it was a very easy swap, but still 4 batteries to get a good one is insane!!! A year ago I bought a wal-mart battery for a mower, which also had problems. The exchanged one was fine though. I've had a couple of their automotive batteries and so far so good, but it's early.

Usually when I get that kind of service from WalMart or similar stores it's because the person I'm dealing with is either retarded and simply doesn't know any better or they just don't care enough about their job to even try to argue.

Either way. WalMart's fault. :dumb: