WTB: Subaru Wagon

Erica

I value cars based off what they are selling for. I believe blue book is a starting place, but not the bible so to speak.

She was not very specific with what years she was looking for based on her spending amount. Another point of what I have been dealing with trying to pinpoint what she wants.

Although what Alex is saying above is an interesting point of view, I feel like the point is that it is difficult to find a well maintained car that has over 100K. I know this, as that is why I haven't bought anything for Erica that I have looked at yet. I am not asking for perfection, but the "basics" or the "easy" stuff says a lot to me about how the car was kept. Mine came with very little service records, but the guy was a Subaru nut and based on what I saw it was really nice.

I appreciate the conversation in here though, I hope that Erica reads some of it and understands why I pick apart cars the way I do when I go look at them. As I am not the only person who does it, and I believe more people should so that they don't get screwed over like so many people do buying used car private party.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a car with 140k is never considered "Very Good". Nor is it even considered "Good". There's no such thing as "good for its age/mileage".

Anything over 100k miles is "rough" or "fair".

Also KBB doesn't make offers on cars, your car is worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. KBB is just a general pricing guide, so who knows maybe your car is really worth $10k.

I would strongly disagree. I have a TL with 235k on it. I have dealership mailings asking me to bring the car in and offering me $6k for a 2002. That falls in the Good to Very Good condition category. When I look for a good- very good car I look at cosmetic appearance and reliability. It has options some lower model 2012 cars don't have, no rust and zero mechanical issues. To me it is better then a new car...it has no payment. That is really the biggest difference to me.

Quite harsh for someone trying to help...

100% agree

Aaron, sorry that came off rude. As it was not my intent, I do appreciate the feed back and like Sean said I am having trouble finding what I want. I am frustrated with the car search and really just want to find something soon.

Aaron, sorry that came off rude. As it was not my intent, I do appreciate the feed back and like Sean said I am having trouble finding what I want. I am frustrated with the car search and really just want to find something soon.

Its understandable.

Besides the fact i dont fit in them, buying a used subaru is not something i would ever do. Their resale is crazy high msking their value ( to me) quite low. It dosnt buy me much. More can be had from other makes.

Good luck in your search, as it will be uphill!

Ive got an 03 legacy L wagon. its a 5sp with 182k. It a light green exterior and grey leather interior. It has the gt alloys.

runs great, clutch feels great.

bluebook is 5200. ill take 4200

Ive got an 03 legacy L wagon. its a 5sp with 182k. It a light green exterior and grey leather interior. It has the gt alloys.

runs great, clutch feels great.

bluebook is 5200. ill take 4200

I really wanted an auto...

ok Jack has a forester its a 2002 just over 100k auto non turbo has not had timing belt service yet 3k pretty firm body is in good shape

I need pics brotaco! Any rust?