Sonic vs FR-S

PRD2BDF

I wonder when someone will finally stick a set of wide, non-econo tires on the FR-S and give the thing some grip?

Plenty of tuners have. But reviewers won't because they need to review it as it comes off the lot.

Speaking of reviewers, Inside Line isn't exactly known for being good drivers. Their 0-60 times are often the slowest, so I wouldn't really expect them to be consistent.

Plenty of tuners have. But reviewers won't because they need to review it as it comes off the lot.

Speaking of reviewers, Inside Line isn't exactly known for being good drivers. Their 0-60 times are often the slowest, so I wouldn't really expect them to be consistent.

That's what I've seen too. I just feel that in the real world, I'd put at least some 225's with summer tires on the thing. And I owned a 2zz swapped MR-S so I am a fan of small Toyota sports cars.

That's what I've seen too. I just feel that in the real world, I'd put at least some 225's with summer tires on the thing. And I owned a 2zz swapped MR-S so I am a fan of small Toyota sports cars.

Oh, 225 or 235 Z1*specs are in the future for my BRZ. I'm just up in the air (again) about which rims and what diameter.

I went for a ride in one and the car corners amazingly well, and amazingly flat. On the stock tires, it has been found to pull 0.93g to 0.96g on a skid pad. Sticky tires and some suspension tweaks will make this car scary in the corners.

Incorrect. I did not know about this fact so it is not well-known.

Don't forget cargo space, fuel economy, ability to park in small spaces, clearing speed bumps, or winter drivability?

I like the Sonic and I thought it was awesome. What I infer from this article is that on a tight course, the Sonic may give the FR-S fits or even exceed it but on a longer and less-tight course, the FR-S without a doubt will triumph.

lol Damn you. I knew you were gonna say that. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it's not well-known. ;)

Also, I understand due to the Sonic being so small and tidy, it's going to be a quick little direction turner. I dont think it'll exceed the control exhibited by an FRS, though. All speculation, of course.

The Sonic is not made by or even developed by Daewoo. It shares nothing with the Aveo, the suspension was tuned by the Corvette dynamics team, and its built in Michigan, just north of Detroit.

My bad. I really thought it was still a Daewoo. For some reason, I thought I'd read that somewhere, but I think I was wrong. It is still built in Korea, as well, maybe that's where I got confused. :confused:

Notable fact: It's currently the only subcompact car sold in North America that is built within the United States. It is built on GM's Gamma II platform - a "global platform". - Wiki

Notable fact: It's currently the only subcompact car sold in North America that is built within the United States. It is built on GM's Gamma II platform - a "global platform". - Wiki

It is definitely built in the US. Our Sonic has a VIN that starts with 1.