I'm SOOO TORN!

Dubguy85

what's this deal so good you can't refuse? i was always curious to know what a 848 went for.

back on topic, tell us what kind of riding you do? back roads, hitting the twisties? main roads, hitting up starbucks? freeway, hitting the commute traffic?

do you need two bikes? do you see an instance in the future where you may need 2 bikes? like, track, stunt, teaching newbies how to ride, etc etc?

what's this deal so good you can't refuse? i was always curious to know what a 848 went for.

back on topic, tell us what kind of riding you do? back roads, hitting the twisties? main roads, hitting up starbucks? freeway, hitting the commute traffic?

do you need two bikes? do you see an instance in the future where you may need 2 bikes? like, track, stunt, teaching newbies how to ride, etc etc?

New Ducati is 13,995

I like to hit back roads, and the twisties...Like to do bike nights...Usually my long rides might be 2-4 hours MAX.....

I like the sv1000 just to cruise on and relax a bit....I've ridden my dads 1098 and its not the most comfortable bike in the world, but its sure bad ass.....

And I dunno...Its fun to switch up bikes once in awhile....But I just don't know if the repsol would satisfy me like a Duc would...... But I sure do like how the respol looks!

i'm partial to buying used, myself.

i like the look of the repsol plastics, but i guess it really depends on how much the guy is asking. I mean, what's stopping you from buying any old CBR and just getting a paint job or sticker kit? beyond the good looks, are the repsol bikes any better than a "regular" cbr? i'm guessing no. which leaves the repsol exactly 1 driveway tip over from being any old honda. which, by the way, isn't such a bad thing.

the ducati has a great engine, phenomenal handling, and depreciates almost nil after a certain point. A 1 year old Ducati with a couple thousand miles will probably get you some nice discounts, but 4 years later, the depreciation will flatten out so that impacts your wallet less. oh, and they don't look half bad either. but also keep in mind maintenance will cost a bit more than the honda.

the thing with bikes is that it's almost a purely rash and stupid emotional decision. buy what tugs at your heartstrings the most. they'll both get the job done.

I would like to have two bikes, especially if you still want to do track days. Guess I'm in the minority here :dunno:

I'd like to have about 6 bikes...

1000cc Sportbike

Track bike

A busa set up for dragging

A gold wing (yeah, i said it)

A cafe racer

A sport touring

Something for the dirt

And maybe a harley or some custom, over-priced looker

How many is that?