ITunes back up recovery passwork problem

kyc12340

so, being lazy for a while, I finally decided to update my Iphone.

When I did that, it automatically made a backup, synced. and deleted everything.

When I tried to restore my old backup file, it asked for a password which I NEVER set it up.

I've tried every possible password I use, have used , but no luck

I've searched online, there are ton of people having same problem

some say 0000, or 1234 worked for them or some random password used for apps, computer, etc... worked after million tries...

getting frustrated right now, spent 2 hours trying to figure out this backup restration password that I never even created.....

Any help?????????

It should backup/update/restore in one fell swoop. Did you interrupt the process?

No,, I didn't touch anything.

That's what I thought first, but I guess the new version of Itune requires password/ or it automatically sets Encrypt backup which requires a password.

But coming from previous version of Itunes, I never set up a password for it.

Seems like ton of people are having exact same problem with their Iphone/Ipad when they update to new Itunes version and IOS5.1

Some companies make a software that cracks the backup Encrypt passward thing. But they want like 100$ for it. And some say it works, some say it didn't work for them

after using/buying Iphones for a long time(since its debut) I think I will wait for the Samsung Galaxy 3, which should be out soon in Korea.

Im afraid to even update my 4S.....The only reason I have a 4S is because when we updated the 3GS i used to have, I lost Everything off of it in a proccess similar to this....Itunes is the farthest thing from user friendly....and Im not sure how a company that sell this many can make something soo difficult to use on thst side when the product is awesome.

Baffles me.