Mailman not delivering mail...wtf

rb26deet32

Ok, I've been living at my current residence for over a year now. I was driving a Ford Escape and was parking it out in front of the house. I live on the end of a court so there isn't much parking. But looking at my house from the front the mailbox is on the left of the driveway. Then there is the grass between the houses and a mail box on the right side of their driveway. I've been parking in the same spot for over a year with the escape and no issues. I park very close to the curb and very close to the mailbox to the left of my house. The mail man can pull straight up to my mail box give me mail and drive forward around my car and straight up to the other mail box with out having to reverse or anything.

Then I started driving my civic. A lot smaller than the escape obviously. I park it in the same spot which actually leaves more room for my mailbox. So far out of the past week he hasn't delivered the mail 4 times. Then he finally does deliver it today and I watch him pull up and never once go into reverse and drive off after slamming my mailbox shut which actually caused it to stay open (nerd rage). I go out and get my mail and wtf. I get a notice saying my mail box has been blocked 4 times this week and twice in a row. What a load of shit. Can a mailman actually do shit like this? Seems kind of illegal to not give someone their mail. After talking to all my neighbors they all agree he's a ass hole and has done the same to others. I'm guessing he's being an ass because it's a different car even though it's smaller.

So lets make a check list. It's ok for mailman to not deliver mail. It's also ok for them to caused $3k of damage to a car with their big ass rubber dildo front bumper and then blame you for it... :mad:

First, you should go post about it on CR. Then, you and all your neighbors should call your post office he works from, talk to the postmaster or whoever, and tell them what's up. After that, redeem thyself.

I had this issue at one house I lived in and the post man told me that it was a rule that if they had to swerv or reverse they weren't to deliver. I then asked another mailman and he said yes that was true but most do whats needed to deliver and if they dont because of that they are just lazy or being a dick

Yup. call em.

I had one of my cars parked in the street ONCE and she went and wrote on a piece of our mail not to park there. In front of my house is the street, then 4' of sidewalk, then the yard with the mailbox in it.... They drive up the sidewalks!! Heck, they have to park and walk to deliver the mail almost everywhere else in this neighborhood.... why not the little 600' of street I am on?

I think they just get lazy. Once you make it easier, God forbid you take that away. I never called or anything since I didnt care THAT much, just seemed rude to write on my shit

Mail people are not supposed to reverse. Too many lawsuits were peoples kids got ran over. Ask him how far you would need to park away for him to deliver. Problem solved.

Yea but the issue is when I had a big ass suv parked there he didn't have to reverse. Now that a small ass civic hatch back is there he doesn't deliver mail. Even though there is probably 5 extra feet between my car and the mail box. But the front is still the same. They are getting their mail. Just an ass hole. Gonna record him the next time he doesn't deliver my shit when I could park another car behind my car and still not be blocking the mailbox...

Yea but the issue is when I had a big ass suv parked there he didn't have to reverse. Now that a small ass civic hatch back is there he doesn't deliver mail. Even though there is probably 5 extra feet between my car and the mail box. But the front is still the same. They are getting their mail. Just an ass hole. Gonna record him the next time he doesn't deliver my shit when I could park another car behind my car and still not be blocking the mailbox...

I understand the physics of it. If you confront him about it I bet it resolves the problem.

Mail people are not supposed to reverse. Too many lawsuits were peoples kids got ran over. Ask him how far you would need to park away for him to deliver. Problem solved.

+1. imagine if he had to do this at every single house---it would take him forever to deliver the mail. i'd avoid any confrontation when it comes to pissing off the mailman--unless you want to be randomly missing bills/etc when your mail gets 'misplaced'. just park your car somewhere else.

I agree that I would call the local postmaster and talk to them about it. My friend was mailman for a year and he said it was the worst job ever. Insane amount of work to get done and very limited amount of time, makes for postal works go, well, postal.

OP, yes the postal worker can do this by all means legally. Doesn't matter that they are a dick or the sweetest slice of pussy ever. It is what it is. Yeah, you can call the post master but they have a rules to back up the decision.