detail supplies

Skinner

Looking for a local place to pick out some detailing supplies mainly buffer pads. I picked up a Harbor freight buffer and it came with a very soft foam pad but I would like to up some more. Maybe a medium soft, medium and a hard foam pads. If there is nothing local where do you guys go to get them online at?

Andy (AudiOn19s) would be a good one to ask this. I know he sells microfiber detailing supplies, and perhaps he can get you high quality pads as well. If not, he'll at least know of a good supplier.

FWIW, I buy my pads through Griot's and have been satisfied with their quality and durability.

Edit: Andy, you're just too fast :p

You can get some stuff at paint stores but it's hit or miss and usually 3M stuff which I'm not a huge fan of. Better ordering online from some place like autogeek or detailed image. Lake country pads are my favorite for foam

Andy

+1

Lake county orange for compoud, possibly yellow if paint is real bad, white for polishing, and gray/blue for sealant and wax.

Usually, this is an okay suggestion, but really depends on paint type, condition and polish.

So OP, what polishes are you going to use and how is your paint?

PS - are you using a rotary and detailing for your first time?

14 year old Jeep and a 06 dodge caravan. I was also going to detail my Parents 57 ford for them but its all single stage lacquer paint.

Products I have now are some 3m mild polish and meguiars polish their 3 stage setup.

No, I have used a rotary in the past and am comfortable with them I know if I get it too how I can burn the paint. I normally go a a very low speed and let the rotary do all the work.