Attorney Search

Rocky31186

Im in need of a free / cheap attorney for an issue im having. I have been searching "the legal aid society of columbus".

Is anyone on CR a attorney or know someone that does it that I can explain my case to?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know any labor attorneys either. You might try searching through the Ohio State Bar's website. I did a search for 43081 and came up with these names:

Michael Joseph Ensminger

Alison A. Gill

Kyle John Stroh

Might try handleonthelaw.com Its got attorney recommendations on it for lots of legal needs.

Would be interesting to hear more about your case. Sounds like a previous employer is trying to get back what they paid you in unemployment benefits??? Kind of odd and I don't see how they could considering how the system works.

1) You lose your job

2) you apply for benefits

3) job and family services (unemployment dept) investigates your claim

4) your approved/denied benefits

5) case closed

I could understand fighting for benefits, but I don't think they have much of a case if the state of ohio determined that you were eligible. Lawyering up would probably make them go away.

I've used Kyle Stroh in the past and gotten great results. I'd recommend him for any employment related business.

I don't know any labor attorneys either. You might try searching through the Ohio State Bar's website. I did a search for 43081 and came up with these names:

Michael Joseph Ensminger

Alison A. Gill

Kyle John Stroh

Might try handleonthelaw.com Its got attorney recommendations on it for lots of legal needs.

Would be interesting to hear more about your case. Sounds like a previous employer is trying to get back what they paid you in unemployment benefits??? Kind of odd and I don't see how they could considering how the system works.

1) You lose your job

2) you apply for benefits

3) job and family services (unemployment dept) investigates your claim

4) your approved/denied benefits

5) case closed

I could understand fighting for benefits, but I don't think they have much of a case if the state of ohio determined that you were eligible. Lawyering up would probably make them go away.

I dont want to post my whole story on here for public.. But that is pretty much how it went down.

1) Fired without cause

2) Filed for unemployment

3) Unemployment approved me (almost one month after being fired)

4) Previous employer said "AW HELL NAH" and filed a dispute (2 weeks after getting unemployment pay)

5) I replyed with a 1 page letter stating what happend (The day I found out they sent in a dispute)

6) Unemployment sided with me, and said fired without cause (one week later)

7) Previous employer files dispute again, and now im fucked on unemployment until this clears.

The employer already has a representative, so My guess is my boss will be no where around. So I think its best for me to find a attorney tomorrow and get this takin care of..

Ive been doing everything im suppose to on unemployment. Im not taking it for granted, and its barely paying bills.

But if they win, there is a chance they will make me pay back all unemployment earned.. :mad:

This is probably the worst time for this to happen.

Fusco, Mackey, Mathews & Gill LLP, Attorneys at Law in Westerville, Ohio

My wife knows them well. Mike is a good guy and the one to talk with. Tell them you know me and reference my wife Tamie Snyder.

A friend of mine went through same thing. If you can get a lawyer, but if it is clear cut you might be ok. They will do a hearing over the phone. There lawyer and the arbitrator will ask you questions etc. If they rule against you will owe the money. Although, they dont have a way of getting the money back from you. The next time you filled another claim they would deduct it from that or take it from your taxes.