Fuck the pro-life demonstrators at the end of the Race For the Cure

Trouble Maker

I can't think of many things more detestable than demonstrating in this manner. It's the wrong place and the wrong time. I hope they all die in a fire. For me, this ranks right up there with the god hates fags people demonstrating at military funerals.
  • Confused 1

I have relevant thoughts and here they are from a rough draft of my most recent paper:

"Now, not only were Americans dealing with issues of race and the increasing tempo of war, they had to deal with the issue of base immorality spread across the entire nation. Here it becomes clear, in a decade which dealt so much with the idea of good versus evil, fellow countrymen could be considered evil based upon their beliefs about abortion."

That doesn't do it for you? How about this one:

"It [abortion] is a war which threatens to consume the United States not with violence, but with a deep divide, along lines of hatred between citizens and neighbors alike."

"It [abortion] is a war which threatens to consume the United States not with violence, but with a deep divide, along lines of hatred between citizens and neighbors alike."

I can't quite go to the point of it will cause hatred country wide between neighbors, but it's a great beginning to a paper/paragraph that would be worth reading.

I can't quite go to the point of it will cause hatred country wide between neighbors, but it's a great beginning to a paper/paragraph that would be worth reading.

It's specifically dealing with abortion in the 1960's, when the issue was most intense. It was during this time, and the decade after (Roe v. Wade being decided in 1973) that abortion, and more specifically women's rights, issues took on the hate I'm speaking about. Since then, things have calmed, but not ended. A lot of that hate also came from the pro-life side as they termed pro-choice supporters immoral, or called them murderers.

im not so sure about the SBF anymore, sure im for "finding a cure" but not for getting sued for using that name and such..

http://jezebel.com/5881401/how-the-susan-g-komen-foundation-lost-its-way

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/07/komen-foundation-charities-cure_n_793176.html

• Upvote 1

I hate this crap. They do the same thing at the Woodward Dream Cruise every year. Sure, it's an issue they are passionate about and they have the freedom to demonstrate. But it's extremely inappropriate to put six foot tall pictures of aborted fetuses in the face of children who are just out to enjoy the day with their parents.

I will never understand why the people who fight so passionately in the name of human rights to save a fetus whose cells have not arranged in a way that allows consciousness, will, as soon as the threshold of the mother's vagina is crossed, fight to limit that child's rights if it is born gay, muslim, to an immigrant mother, or a slew of other qualities deemed threatening to the American way (in their vision of a white Christian gated-community America).

I'll never understand why people, on either side of the issue, insist on vilifying their opposition. To insist that a group, based upon a singular belief, is fighting against other freedoms or is racist (that's a new one though), is a wee bit extreme. It's similar to the language used by others when they suggest that the group on the opposite side is full of murderers and amoral jerks.

And here we see a continued societal civil war in the United States. This is yet another issue which puts citizen against citizen, facing each other as enemies.

They all make me laugh. I keep a coat hanger above my bed. Whenever a woman asks me about it, I just reply, "Don't get pregnant and you'll have nothing to worry about."

Hell if they all had a rally I'd love to make a poster with a picture of a coat hanger on it just to piss them off. Make a retort group as a joke for pro-mandatory. "Everyone should have at least one." lol!

I hate this crap. They do the same thing at the Woodward Dream Cruise every year. Sure, it's an issue they are passionate about and they have the freedom to demonstrate. But it's extremely inappropriate to put six foot tall pictures of aborted fetuses in the face of children who are just out to enjoy the day with their parents.

And pretty much all the pictures used aren't from actual abortions. A lot are from dead babies at birth due to defects and such.