Wanna ruin your childhood? Watch Gremlins 2 (25+ crowd)

twistedfocus1647545489

The terrible plot and zany antics, let alone the showcasing of "future" 1990's era technology makes me sad. I remember thinking they did a good job for a sequel when it was new. I'll never watch the first one again for fear of warping my mind. It's almost as bad as watching MacGyver today.

Anyway, NotBrian touched on this topic in another thread (not about this movie specifically), and he was totally right.

I watch 80's movies all the time and besides the obvious low tech problem they are much better movies than the crap that gets made now.

All of the "great" movies seem to be timeless. I'm just surprised that there are so many new movies I thought were pretty good in high school, for instance, that I can barely watch now (ie. many Steven Seagal and VanDamme movies of that era).

HaHa. We just rented the first one to let the kids watch it. Of course they loved it. I like Grem. 1. Can't recall if I ever saw 2 but I wouldn't ever figure a squeal of it would be good.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a great one for the kids as was ET. Back to the future will always be cool too.

One of the worst examples of this "phenomenom" for me was seeing old Wonder Woman episode repeats. I know some of you are too young to remember them, but I loved it. Now? Omg... So f'n terrible. The fight choreography... everything is just laughably terrible. lol It probably doesn't help my exwife looks just like Lynda Carter from back in the day, either. Bitch ruined two things for me... lol ;)

One of the worst examples of this "phenomenom" for me was seeing old Wonder Woman episode repeats. I know some of you are too young to remember them, but I loved it. Now? Omg... So f'n terrible. The fight choreography... everything is just laughably terrible. lol It probably doesn't help my exwife looks just like Lynda Carter from back in the day, either. Bitch ruined two things for me... lol ;)

I remember watching that back in the day too (in syndication anyway). I think it was on around the same time they played The A Team, which is also difficult to watch now. Soooo campy.

I watched several 80's movies in the past weeks and enjoy them much more than any bs made today. Seriously, all this technology and they still provide shit movies. Instead of spending money on computer graphics they should have invested in more capable robotics. Watch the original 'The Thing' it's my favorite movie. If they had used the last 20 years improving the robotics John Carpenter dreamt up we would at least have scarier looking horror movies.

Skinny jeans and fag movies. The world's doomed.

I watched several 80's movies in the past weeks and enjoy them much more than any bs made today. Seriously, all this technology and they still provide shit movies. Instead of spending money on computer graphics they should have invested in more capable robotics. Watch the original 'The Thing' it's my favorite movie. If they had used the last 20 years improving the robotics John Carpenter dreamt up we would at least have scarier looking horror movies.

Sparkly gay vampires is what sells these days, I guess.

It's our own fault (as a society, not me :dumb:)

The Thing was and is a damn awesome movie. Anyone seen the new one?

U guys need to watch Critters and all the sequals while your at it. I love them. Soo scary to watch back in my childhood

I had forgotten all about those. I haven't seen any of them since I was 12 probably. I'll have to see if Netflix has it or find it online.

U guys need to watch Critters and all the sequals while your at it. I love them. Soo scary to watch back in my childhood

Ya Paul the original Critters was the slam when we were younger. Actually, it's still pretty creepy. The sequels had a little too much humor but are still a good watch.

The Thing was and is a damn awesome movie. Anyone seen the new one?

They had a good idea. They made the movie from the other camp, the Norwegians or as we knew them "The Swedes" but they trashed it as we could have expected. It was 2/5

They had a good idea. They made the movie from the other camp, the Norwegians or as we knew them "The Swedes" but they trashed it as we could have expected. It was 2/5

Agreed,

The original Thing will always be one the scariest sci-fi movies of all time along with Aliens.

Possible :Spoiler alert:

If I recall the newer Thing movie turned out to be a "Prequel" to the original? Which I thought was a nice twist at the end. I thought the new special effects ruined the feel of the original oozed.