Real Estate Investing?

Guest CARkid

Guest CARkid

I've been entertaining the idea of getting into real estate investing the past couple years - been doing some reading and whatnot. I like the idea but my wife hates it.

Just curious, who invests in real estate on here? Has your experience been generally pleasant or painful?

Lots of risk reward. Worth it if you have the capital. Might be uncomfy if you don't. Especially in today's market.

Wife and I have flipped a few commercial properties and continue to have some rentals. Our rentals are solid. Not really doing any more rehabs. I just don't have the time and the market is not great for selling.

Explain your definition of investing and what type of property you are considering.

Guest CARkid

good point, there are multiple ways to invest in real estate.

my first thought would be to buy a multiple unit structure (duplex, small 4 unit apartments, or something like that) and just hold on to it and rent it out. I think my first goal would be to break even with the mortgage payment vs income, then work to gain some profit.

From what I've read, acquiring properties (as I can afford/can find people to partner with/find people to loan me money) is the best strategy in this market since there are lower purchase prices and high rent market.

Have you had many bad experiences with renters? I think that is what my wife is mostly afraid of. I understand there is some risk, but I feel it is worth it.