My new puppy!

blue98ls1

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I had to have my Husky/Shepherd mix that I have had for over 8 yrs put down. He was almost 10 yrs old. Due to a considerable amount of moping around the house and being depressed, Anthony bought me a new puppy a couple days ago. I had narrowed it down to wanting either another Siberian Husky or something very similar. And considering this would be a house dog we decided to go for a smaller breed.

New dog is a Shiba Inu. He will stay in the 15-20lb range. He looks like a mini Husky. Soooo fuzzy! And sooo cute!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/zero.jpg

I named him Zero.

But after 2 days, I was reconsidering naming him Mr. Bitey Face.

I have read a great deal about these dogs before buying one. They seem to need a ton of training and a ton of socializing at this young age. And since he is 9 weeks old, hoping to do as much of that as possible now. We looked at one about a year ago before we got the Chihuahua that tried to eat a Hamster at the petstore. This little guy was just introduced to a fuzzy rat about the size of a quarter and he gave it kisses and had no desire to eat it. We'll be introducing him to as many new things as possible before he is 16 weeks old.

The Chihuahua has quickly told Zero she is the boss of the house and does not care much for playing rough. But otherwise they are getting along fantastic. They are about the same size right now with him weighing in at about 3lbs. :)

Cute dog, be aware my wife will try to take it...

Side note: there is a guy in my hood that gives his Irish Wolfhound rides in the bed of a 4wd golf cart up and down the street. That is more odd than your rat sized dog in a tutu :-)

I'm very sorry about the loss of your other dog. Though it hurts, it's near impossible not to be enlightened by another one. The difference in this kind of rebound is that you'll still love it, and love it even more, later. haha