Cyclist haters come on in.

Sturg1647545502

Some of you are big piles of shit

I can only hope that one of the bikes you pass close to on purpose lean out so you hit them. Then when you post a thread about how mad you are that you are getting sued for every thing you have I can yet again tell you how big of a piece of shit you are.

You're easily as mad as this guy...

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/201579-1/Motorcycle-crotch-rocket-fail.gif

I've seen a couple bike accidents. In each one, the bicyclist was cited at fault.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously tho, why dont you guys just get on a sidewalk when it's rush hour and you know you're creating a dangerous situation? I mean if there's no sidewalk then fine, but man does it piss me off when cyclist are creating a dangerous situation in the middle of rush-hour and refuse to use a sidewalk.

By law I am not allowed to ride my bike on the sidewalk as I am considered a motor vehicle. Also, it's way more dangerous for me to be on the sidewalk, with people walking, but more importantly a car is not going to expect a bike to be going 20mph and I don't plan on stopping at every crossing to look left and right for cars. It's safer for me to be in the road with the right of way, obeying all traffic laws.

I can only hope that one of the bikes you pass close to on purpose lean out so you hit them. Then when you post a thread about how mad you are that you are getting sued for every thing you have I can yet again tell you how big of a piece of shit you are.

I dont do it everytime, but in certain circumstances they need a wake up call. You got rush hour traffic going across a bridge, cars flooring around you, cutting people off, guys slamming on there brakes, and there's a side walk right next to you with nobody on it. Sorry but there's no excuse for that.

And please don't get my attitude towards cyclist confused with my attitude towards Bikes in general. I lost one of my boys to a Motorcycle accident shortly after high school and about 4 years ago had another real good buddy wind up in full-body cast after smashing straight into a the side of a mini-van on Riverside drive (I think he was going 55mph, didn't even have time to hit the brakes).

some of the posts in this thread are hilarious.

"i hate when they ride busy roads" then a couple posts later "i hate when they ride 2 wide on country roads". its done for safety reasons. single file on country roads is not necessary...theres hardly traffic and thats why we like to ride there. if a car is coming towards you, and you're single file, some dickheads in cars think "oh, i can squeeze that", which ups the risk of a cyclist getting hit. you ride 2 wide and take that half of the road, if you have a car coming, a car behind you will see they cant "shoot the gap" and try to get by...and if its my safety vs a car saving 15 seconds on his/her commute, guess what i choose? bikes by law are considered vehicles, and as long as that stands, we're REQUIRED to ride on the road. that's why they're called sideWALKS

as for brians comment, even though i think i saw it posted, a speed limit (speed limit: noun : the maximum speed at which a vehicle is legally permitted to travel, as within a specific area, on a certain road, or under given conditions.) is not a minimum speed. and if you check next time you hop on the highway, you'll usually see a sign that says something to the effect of "no bicyles or pedestrians" or some shit like that

negative. cyclists as the "annoying fucks on bicycles that" have a right to be on the road just as you do.

this

Ill "take a lane" when the right 1/2 of the road is beat to fuck with pot hole after pot hole that makes is unrideable (parts of roberts rd) and motorists will try to squeeze between me and on coming traffic...so i take the lane and prevent that from happening.

I do it purely as a safety reason for ALL parties involved and its for 100 yds or less.:) As long as ive been riding i dont pay attention to passing motorists.

and by law, this is legal. you can ride 2 abreast to the right of the road, unless there is a hazard which makes it unsafe to do so, which you can move left until clear of obstruction

best post in this thread.

some of you need to read this

http://www.ohiobike.org/bicycle-law-digest.html

but i'll point out a few key points for you...

§ 4501.01. Definitions.

As used in this chapter and Chapters 4503., 4505., 4507., 4509., 4511.,4513., 4515., and 4517. of the Revised Code, and in the penal laws, except as otherwise provided:

(A) "Vehicle" means every device, including a motorized bicycle, in, upon, or by which any person or property may be transported or drawn upon a highway, except that "vehicle" does not include any motorized wheelchair, any electric personal assistive mobility device, any device that is moved by power collected from overhead electric trolley wires or that is used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks, or any device, other than a bicycle, that is moved by human power.

Comment: A bicycle is defined as a vehicle and thus is governed by a uniform set of rules common to all vehicles and a small set of specific rules for bicycles.

(8) Regulating the operation of bicycles: provided that no such regulation shall be fundamentally inconsistent with the uniform rules of the road prescribed by this chapter and that no such regulation shall prohibit the use of bicycles on any public street or highway except as provided in section 4511.051 of the Revised Code;

§ 4511.25. Lanes of travel upon roadways of sufficient width.

(A) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:

(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, or when making a left turn under the rules governing such movements;

(2) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided, any person so doing shall yield the right of way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;

(B)(1) Upon all roadways any vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding at less than the prevailing and lawful speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, and far enough to the right to allow passing by faster vehicles if such passing is safe and reasonable, except under any of the following circumstances:

(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding in the same direction:

(b) When preparing for a left turn;

© When the driver must necessarily drive in a lane other than the right-hand lane to continue on the driver's intended route.

(2) Nothing in division (B)(1) of this section requires a driver of a slower vehicle to compromise the driver's safety to allow overtaking by a faster vehicle.

Comment: Section 4511.25(A) is a general rule that applies to all vehicles, including bicycles. Some people think it is safer to ride on the left to "see traffic coming". This is illegal and wrong! Pedestrians walk facing traffic so they can sidestep off the road if necessary. But you cannot sidestep a bike. Riding on the left is both illegal and dangerous. Crash statistics show that wrong way riding has about 3½ times the risk as riding on the right.

Section 4511.25(B) simply means that slower vehicles should not unnecessarily delay faster traffic. (See also § 4511.55 below.)

§ 4511.27. Overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction.

The following rules govern the overtaking and passing of vehicles or trackless trolleys proceeding in the same direction:

(A) The operator of a vehicle or trackless trolley overtaking another vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding in the same direction shall … pass to the left thereof at a safe distance, and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle or trackless trolley.

(B) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the operator of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle at the latter's audible signal, and he shall not increase the speed of his vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

Comment: Since cyclists usually ride near the right side of the road, beginners are tempted to pass slow or stopped traffic on the right, especially in a "bicycle lane" with a painted line. Passing on the right is often dangerous and, in many cases, illegal.

§4511.31. Hazardous zones

(A) The department of transportation may determine those portions of any state highway where overtaking and passing other traffic or driving to the left of the center or center line of the roadway would be especially hazardous and may, by appropriate signs or markings on the highway, indicate the beginning and end of such zones. …

(B) Division (A) of this section does not apply when all of the following apply:

(1) The slower vehicle is proceeding at less than half the speed of the speed limit applicable to that location.

(2) The faster vehicle is capable of overtaking and passing the slower vehicle without exceeding the speed limit.

(3) There is sufficient clear sight distance to the left of the center or center line of the roadway to meet the overtaking and passing provisions of section 4511.29 of the Revised Code, considering the speed of the slower vehicle.

Comment: Section 4511.31(B) should help reduce tension between cyclists and faster drivers. Now, they can pass in "no passing" zones IF passing is safe.

§ 4511.55. Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.

(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

Comment: Section 4511.55(A) is very often misquoted to say that cyclists are required to ride as near as possible to the curb. The new paragraph © should help reduce this confusion. There are many conditions where it is much safer to ride near the middle of the lane. It is not practicable (practice-able) to ride on the far right when passing or turning left; or when avoiding objects, parked cars, moving vehicles, pedestrians, animals, surface or other hazards; or when the travel lane is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to pass safely side by side within the lane.

Many motorists are reluctant to cross a lane line when passing a bicycle. A cyclist who "hugs the curb" unintentionally invites motorists to pass with unsafe clearance. Riding near the middle of a narrow lane helps overtaking motorists realize that they must must use the next lane to pass.

The real purpose of this law is to prevent unnecessary delay to faster traffic. Since the law cannot require unsafe operation, the phrase as close as practicable is highly flexible, varying widely according to conditions. Positions well away from the edge of the road can be in compliance.

Section 4511.55(B) allows riding two abreast. However, cyclists should avoid unnecessary delay to other traffic. Please be courteous and "single up" when other drivers wish to pass if such passing is safe and reasonable. There is no violation if any of the following apply: (1) If there is no traffic being delayed; (2) If the cyclists are traveling as fast as other traffic; (3) If traffic can reasonably pass by using another lane; (4) If the lane is too narrow or it is otherwise unsafe for passing.

§ 4511.711. Driving upon sidewalk area.

No person shall drive any vehicle, other than a bicycle, upon a sidewalk or sidewalk area except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.

Nothing in this section shall be construed as prohibiting local authorities from regulating the operation of bicycles within their respective jurisdictions, except that no local authority may require that bicycles be operated on sidewalks.

edit...and for the purpose of this thread, thats pretty funny. my mom said back when she was a kid, the neighborhoods in gahanna had 15mph speed limits, and my uncle got stopped by a cop for speeding on his bicycle. LOL

some of the posts in this thread are hilarious.

"i hate when they ride busy roads" then a couple posts later "i hate when they ride 2 wide on country roads". its done for safety reasons. single file on country roads is not necessary...theres hardly traffic and thats why we like to ride there. if a car is coming towards you, and you're single file, some dickheads in cars think "oh, i can squeeze that", which ups the risk of a cyclist getting hit. you ride 2 wide and take that half of the road, if you have a car coming, a car behind you will see they cant "shoot the gap" and try to get by...and if its my safety vs a car saving 15 seconds on his/her commute, guess what i choose? bikes by law are considered vehicles, and as long as that stands, we're REQUIRED to ride on the road. that's why they're called sideWALKS

as for brians comment, even though i think i saw it posted, a speed limit (speed limit: noun : the maximum speed at which a vehicle is legally permitted to travel, as within a specific area, on a certain road, or under given conditions.) is not a minimum speed. and if you check next time you hop on the highway, you'll usually see a sign that says something to the effect of "no bicyles or pedestrians" or some shit like that

this

and by law, this is legal. you can ride 2 abreast to the right of the road, unless there is a hazard which makes it unsafe to do so, which you can move left until clear of obstruction

best post in this thread.

some of you need to read this

http://www.ohiobike.org/bicycle-law-digest.html

but i'll point out a few key points for you...

edit...and for the purpose of this thread, thats pretty funny. my mom said back when she was a kid, the neighborhoods in gahanna had 15mph speed limits, and my uncle got stopped by a cop for speeding on his bicycle. LOL

In for more of you getting cited.

I know these mountain bike paths in columbus you can ride a bmx all fucking day. You drive your car there with a bike in the back seat then you get out and ride the bike in the forest. It is fucking awesome and you should try it.

:lolguy:

my thinking iss if they consider a bike a motor vehicle then make there asses pay for tags ever freeking year

But, but, but... They don't hurt the roads, they only inconvenience everyone else and put both themselves and the drivers in a more dangerous situation than normal...:dumb:

Didn't read a word of what evan posted. All I see is a clusterfuck of blah blah blah.

Look, if you wanna ride your bike on the road, fine. But do it in the country. Despite what the laws might say, it's really annoying when cyclists are fucking shit up on a busy road with heavy traffic. Who cares if it's legal, it's fucking stupid.

Ill "take a lane" when the right 1/2 of the road is beat to fuck with pot hole after pot hole that makes is unrideable (parts of roberts rd) and motorists will try to squeeze between me and on coming traffic...so i take the lane and prevent that from happening.

Your life I suppose but IMO perhaps you should ride on a less busy road and one that's not beat to fuck with pot holes. :confused:

I pass riders on Snouffer all the time and many of them get pissed, but WTF they are riding there for is beyond me. Edges are gravel and bumpy and beat to hell too. Not an intelligent thing to do IMO....but hey, stupidity is legal. Go to a the bike paths all over Dublin, Westerville, Linworth, etc..

Didn't read a word of what evan posted. All I see is a clusterfuck of blah blah blah.

Look, if you wanna ride your bike on the road, fine. But do it in the country. Despite what the laws might say, it's really annoying when cyclists are fucking shit up on a busy road with heavy traffic. Who cares if it's legal, it's fucking stupid.

you must've missed where more than one of us cyclist has stated how we'd rather be out in the country where the roads are near empty.

check this out...

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/681238 - tonights ride. started at hoover, went towards johnstown. :no:

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/674153 - and another from new albany out towards granville. HOLY SHIT. ON LESS BUSY ROADS!?!? NO WAI!

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/673130 - and another, out towards Johnstown with a minimal stint on sunbury to get to where we needed to go.

you move out of your parents basement yet? probably should've went with your own place instead of buying a new car. good move on the whole "priorities" thinking. :dumb:

• Downvote 1

Your life I suppose but IMO perhaps you should ride on a less busy road and one that's not beat to fuck with pot holes. :confused:

I pass riders on Snouffer all the time and many of them get pissed, but WTF they are riding there for is beyond me. Edges are gravel and bumpy and beat to hell too. Not an intelligent thing to do IMO....but hey, stupidity is legal. Go to a the bike paths all over Dublin, Westerville, Linworth, etc..

well, if we're in the trend of telling others what they should do, maybe you should drive roads that have less cyclists?

you move out of your parents basement yet? probably should've went with your own place instead of buying a new car. good move on the whole "priorities" thinking. :dumb:

well, if we're in the trend of telling others what they should do, maybe you should drive roads that have less cyclists?

Interesting.

Those roads are nowhere near empty.

compared the the city roads people on here are bitching about, yes they are. they're all country roads. do they get traffic? yes. because they're roads. i bet my ride tonight, in 38 miles, we didn't get passed by even 50 cars. memorial day to granville, maybe a few more than that, but it was also 20 miles longer.

compared the the city roads people on here are bitching about, yes they are. they're all country roads. do they get traffic? yes. because they're roads. i bet my ride tonight, in 38 miles, we didn't get passed by even 50 cars. memorial day to granville, maybe a few more than that, but it was also 20 miles longer.

I call bullshit on less than 50 cars tonight. Your rode the area right where i grew up. I know how busy it is out there. So busy they are putting in some roundabouts soon due to high volume.

Wow,

You must have missed reading the actual thread. Feel free to check out the auditors page anytime you want to see my house.:dumb:

You are aware that speaking about things you know nothing about, and completely out of context makes you look like a giant ignoramus?

I'm sorry I'm at a point my career that I can choose to buy a new car if I want, or drive any of the 3 of them to work, rather than peddling bike around like a child, or better yet, pulling out in front of a car on a bike.:dumb:

One day, if you work really really hard, you can get a car to!

I merely gave my opinion and came to the table with a solution in the form of a strong suggestion. I'm not "telling" anyone anything. People can ride on beat-dick roads with angry impatient drivers putting their lives in danger all they want. Stupid is as stupid does. Darwin will fix most issues. I don't give a shit what riders do with their lives.

So far as I'm concerned, secondary roads like Snouffer and Roberts Road are for cars and trucks not bikes so I'll continue to pass and make my presence known when riders are in the way. Two wide or not, you will be passed.

And don't even think of sneaking around me on the right at the red light as I'll rub the curb with my wheels if I have to. Stay the fuck behind traffic, wait your turn and OBEY The LAWS. I had an ass-hat try that on Sawmill and he ended up having to work his ass off hopping the curb and riding in the grass only to get caught at the intersection where perhaps he should have either stayed in his lane or walked his bike across. Sorry ass-hat.

I merely gave my opinion and came to the table with a solution in the form of a strong suggestion. I'm not "telling" anyone anything. People can ride on beat-dick roads with angry impatient drivers putting their lives in danger all they want. Stupid is as stupid does. Darwin will fix most issues. I don't give a shit what riders do with their lives.

So far as I'm concerned, roads belong to vehicles not bikes so I'll continue to pass and make my presence known when riders are in the way. Two wide or not, you will be passed.

:thumbup:

One day, if you work really really hard, you can get a car to!

Probably not, I think the accident he was cited for gave him severe brain damage. There's really no other way to justify his moronic posts.

yup, its just one of those things that takes a little understanding and common sense on both parties. i don't ride down the middle of hilliard rome road and most motorists don't have a problem passing us when riding with friends on much less populated country roads.

We motorists still don't enjoy a pack of 15 bikes, 3 wide on a 2 lame country road. Especially when it isn't a flat road.

Care less.

Funny story.