Firefox not keeping me logged in anymore

cattmouch33

Has anyone else notice that firefox wont log you into website you are a member of anymore.

I used to just click the link for Ohio-riders.net and it would log me in automatically. Same thing with hotmail, facebook, hondatech, it will no longer keep me logged in to a website after the latest firefox update before april 1st. I wonder if that was something the the virus was exploiting so they removed that feature.

Anyone have anymore info????

firefox won't keep you logged into those websites.. firefox can only remember the passwords for you, so when you're prompted for credentials it auto fills

cookies keep you logged into those sites. Try deleting your cookies, then when you re-login make sure that you select any "keep me logged in on this computer" boxes

I did have the keep me logged in option checked but it would not keep me logged in if I closed firefox.

Clear out the cookies and re-enter all the username and p/w for the sites I wanted and it looks like it's working correctly again. Something in the old cookies was hosed or something. Well at least it works again.

Thank you

I had various firefox problems after the last update. Fixed with Tools - Options - Main - Click Restore to Default button, for the home page. Change home page if necessary. Don't ask, it's just weird.

I hate firefox. it never works right for me, ever. v2 worked but the new one sucks worse than IE4.

the new IE8 is working very good for me. and has a bunch of pretty neat new features. and seems much faster than firefox and IE7.

I also cant stand the way firefox or any linux programs are layed out and work. such as the menu's etc. they are like shit from the early 90's.

Edited by serpentracer

Lots of people having trouble with this, since the FireFox update late last year. Apparently Firefox 3 doesn't use cookies.txt anymore to store the cookies. Some one recommended to delete cookies.sqlite instead. It might not be found. It might show the old cookies.txt instead. Still researching... It isn't working perfect for me either. But so far it hasn't been much trouble. For fun, I'm going to add ohio-riders.net as an allow exception under tools - options - privacy - exceptions button. And then clear the ohio rider cookies under the show cookies button. Maybe it will restore functions. .....

<break for messing around>

back, well, it didn't hurt anything. No changes that I can see. On my computers, I stay logged into Ohio-Riders.net all the time. Until I actually click on logout. It is still working that way.

edit: And I did click the "remember this password" when I logged in the first time going back after changes.

Edited by ReconRat
stuff

I had the same problem with the update late last year. + 1 on what Recon said. I had fixed it by deleting the cookies file..then it came back..and now its working again.

I first noticed it with this forum and a few others..and then Ebay started complaining that my browser wasn't accepting cookies.

It IS a common issue..hop on google.

Lots of people having trouble with this, since the FireFox update late last year. Apparently Firefox 3 doesn't use cookies.txt anymore to store the cookies. Some one recommended to delete cookies.sqlite instead. It might not be found. It might show the old cookies.txt instead. Still researching... It isn't working perfect for me either. But so far it hasn't been much trouble. For fun, I'm going to add ohio-riders.net as an allow exception under tools - options - privacy - exceptions button. And then clear the ohio rider cookies under the show cookies button. Maybe it will restore functions. .....

<break for messing around>

back, well, it didn't hurt anything. No changes that I can see. On my computers, I stay logged into Ohio-Riders.net all the time. Until I actually click on logout. It is still working that way.

edit: And I did click the "remember this password" when I logged in the first time going back after changes.

:bow: Sweet, deleted the cookies.sqlite and I think it is working again :D